Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2003, 10:02 AM   #1
Armen
Symbol of Cyric

just thought i'd cross-post this from the Shadows of Amn board in case people miss it - if it works its a great alternative to the 'multi-player' approach to building your own power party i reckon (SoA has more banter than BG1 but it would still be worth retaining th BG1 comments i reckon)

sword coast keeper would be the thing to use i guess

i've copied and pasted rather than linking to avoid spoilers

Quote:
Originally posted by Alson:
quote:
Originally posted by Borg:
Alson, Jaheira as a Ranger/Cleric and Imoen as a Figher/Mage?? Are you creating your own characters and naming them the same, changing their stats using ShadowKeeper (never thought of that before, but sounds intriguing), or just indicating how you will use them?
The second. It's quite simple, actually:
Have character X join the party (say he's joining with 160,000 XP). Open ShadowKeeper, change X's class to Y, set X's level to 0 (this is important), his HP to 1 and remove all X's proficiencies but the set amount he should have (6 for fighters, 4 for non fighters, or something along these lines). Save. Open BG2.

Once you load the game, you'll instantly see a "level up" message - as your level is 0, but with 160,000 XP, it should be higher! [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't worry about the rest - you'll pass through all the "level ups" from 0 to where you should be now in an instant, and all saves and proficiencies will be recalculated by the game engine.

Quote:
If you are planning on changing their stats, does it affect anything else in the game that you know of? This opens up a whole new realm...
It really is. It allows you to play with any possible party composition, without giving up party interactions. Note that I especially picked a banter-heavy party: In short - big fun!
[/QUOTE]
Armen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 02:55 PM   #2
Jan

Hmm I'll just stick to the multi-player.
Old 06-22-2003, 03:30 PM   #3
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

lol [img]smile.gif[/img] I think i will to!!!