Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 08-16-2002, 05:23 PM   #1
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Whew, feels great to be able to post again.. first Ironworks had a bug which told me I was BANNED and couldn't post for like a month.. then Ironworks goes down for a week only moments after I hear the news that the bug is fixed...

Yikes..

Well, I'm back now, been playing W&W diligently in the time while I was away, and doing real well! Just about mopped up Shurugeon Castle and just had a few quickie questions for anyone who's got some spare time ^_^ I've come along way since my first post @.@

My party is currently:

Level 5 Warrior/Level 12 Barbarian, Male Lizzord

Level 5 Warrior/Level 12 Barbarian, Male Whiskah

Level 10 Wizard/Level 10 Paladin, Male Oomphaz

Level 10 Priest/Level 10 Warlock, Female Human

I want to turn my two barbarians into Samurai, and my current location in the game is exploring Shurugeon Castle and the Stout Mines. Because of this, I'm only level 2 in the Bushi Guild. I know for a fact that there are some very nice class-specific skills, which can only be learned from guilds at high levels. An example of this is Stunning Blow. This seems to be a barbarian ONLY trait, which is highly useful, and can only be taught by the warrior guild to level 5 guild members. If I had class changed my barbarians before I had reached level 5 in the warrior guild, I would not have gotten these skills, or so I think. (Does anyone know if the class-specific skills are still learnable, even if the party member has since changed occupations?)

Does the Samurai/Ninja/Monk classes have any exclusive trainable skills which can only be attained at high levels? (I'm assuming Tiger Strike for the Samurai..) To reach a high level in the Bushi Guild, would appear to require you to be LATE in the game, since I think even if I did all the quests in Ishad N'ha I'd only be level 3 in the Bushi Guild. If so, then should I wait to class change my characters into Bushi Dojo classes (Monk/Samurai/Ninja), until AFTER I've reached Brimloch Roon and have access to the more advanced Bushi Guild quests? The last thing I want is to get too high level (I want to keep my levels low so I can class change as much as possible) in my new Samurai class, and want to change classes, but stopping myself, because I want to learn the special skill that only samurais can learn.

Thanks for any tips there [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, are gems useful at all? I have tons of Ruby, Amethyst and Emerald gems, and I haven't found them to be helpful at all.. so I'm assuming they're just sellable loot. Is this the case?

Finally, the stout who grants access to the Stout Mines says that he's willing to give me a writ if I can get him some ale. I already found the writ off of the burnt body in the woods, but is this another way to get into the Stout Mines? I haven't found any alcoholic beverages in my travels, save for ale kegs, and I can't find any way to extract the ale from them. Does anyone know if there is a way to get this dwarf some beer? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 06:20 PM   #2
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

Congrats, Charmy!!!

Looks like you're doing GREAT.. [img]graemlins/jumpclap.gif[/img] ..and I agree
Quote:
Whew, feels great to be able to post again..
  • 1. You can only learn the special traits for each class...if... you reach level 5 in the guild...However... you can train for the skill at any time, after it's offered.
  • 2..A.. Samurai-->Tiger Strike, Ninja-->Lethal Fist and Monk-->Spirit Shield.( for traits for the other classes...look on page 3 of the 'BEST TIPS' thread...QUICK GUIDE TO ROLES
  • 2..B.. You have to do the quest in Ishad N'ha haha to get to level 5. Each town only has 3 or 4 per guild. Doing the 3 in Ishad N'haha...will put you at level 4.(you get level 1...when you become a samurai)
  • 3. Gems are only good for gold...Sell them.
  • 4. If you bring him a 'Booger Brew' and have No writ... He will let you in...(They only cost...'5 shiney thingies' in the Booger Prison.... they also cure poison...and.. ...buy a few extra..for the idol of Bangu )

[ 08-16-2002, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: Packrat ]
Old 08-16-2002, 08:26 PM   #3
Charmy
Dungeon Master

Thanks alot for the info Packrat! That helps greatly [img]smile.gif[/img] Its great to know that the community still playing this game is so lively.

Just have a quick followup question to make sure I understand the skill system fully. Just say I bring my 2 barbarians to Samurai class and then raise both to level 14. Then I would be Level 5 Warriors/Level 12 Barbarians/Level 14 Samurais. Looks pretty nice. But imagine that at this point I'm still exploring Boogre Caves and Dragon Spire. So, I class change my Samurais to Rangers to learn fletching and Vine, and then arrive at Brimloch Roon later on, and manage to ascend to Level 5 in the Bushi Dojo shortly afterwards. If I go check in with the Bushi Dojo as Rangers, can I STILL learn Tiger Strike, since I was a Samurai before, but not right now?

If yes, then I'll have no problem going Samurai right now.. If no, then I'll hold off on being Samurai until I'm closer to reaching level 5 in the Bushi Guild. I don't want to lose that skill, but at the SAME time, I don't want to stay as any class too long.

Hope I'm making sense ^.^

Thanks again!
Charmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 09:49 PM   #4
Packrat
Drizzt Do'Urden

You're making sense...But, I don't understand how you got in to the Bushi Dojo...the only way to join the guild, is to Accept the quest to be a Monk, Ninja or Samurai...Did you accept the quest, for one of those roles?

As for your question...You can only train in those skills, when your character reaches Guild level 5 (reguardless of your Role level) and those skills will only be offered while you are in that role, if you change roles before you reach Guild level 5...it will Not be offered when you do reach level 5. Only the skill for your current role will be offered. However...once it is offered...you can train at any time.

If you really want fletching and vine...I would suggest, changing one to Ranger and the other to Samurai..Now. If you don't already have a 'Raptor Egg'...the only 2 places to get one are...along the river east of Valeia and (later in the game) West of Brimloch Roon.

As for the Samurai...If you wait until Brimloch...You still have to go back to Shuregeon Castle to do the Samurai quest...and...the Dojo Quests are very slow and long in Brimloch. If you change now...you'll be Dojo level 4, when you get to Brimloch. Then you'll only have to do the first Brimloch quest ..to reach guild level 5.

Spoiler..... ....Make Sure and take some extra 'Booger Brew' with you, When you do the 'Guantlet' in the Booger Caves..One of the traits the idol grants ...is 'Giant Strike'...But there's only 2....bottles of Brew....at the Idol. So if you bring an extra 2...and save...Before you give it the Brew...they can all get,'Giant Strike'.
Old 08-18-2002, 10:53 AM   #5
morningstar
The Magister

Go Packrat! That spoiler is a good one I will try it out. Charmy, you seem to be doing very well in your strategy planning. Happy gaming!
Old 08-21-2002, 11:05 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Packrat, you forget that you can accept a quest, join a guild, and then cancel the promotion quest. You retain your membership, and you can still join that class later.

One thing I'd suggest you remember, Charmy: of the three elite classes, one can only be female. You've got just one member of your party who fits that criteria, so that indicates that some of your future planning is already completed.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 01:52 PM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Oh, and one other thing about buying the brew in the Boogre Caves....

Make sure you have a bag of gold with only 5 GP in it. While the asking price is five shiny thingies, if you accidentally give him more (like, say, your party's entire treasury!), he'll gladly accept it. And he doesn't give any change...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2002, 03:52 PM   #8
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Math is probably not a Boogre strength!

Wvy

(taking the Red out)

[ 08-22-2002, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Wyvern ]
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2002, 12:49 AM   #9
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

I recently paid about 3000000G for some boogre brew. Not much of a bargain!
Old 08-23-2002, 07:39 AM   #10
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Gidday,

Charmy, I see you changed your warriors to barb's at level 5, could you to it earlier, I don't really see any benfit of staying a warrior??

cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote