Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #141
dplax
Jack Burton

Alan Gardon looked horrified.

"Screams? Oh no...Follow me!" he ordered two of the other guards with him and ran down the corridor.

"Captain Gale, if there is anything we can do for you or for your companions to correct this terrible mistake, this stain on our honour, please do ask we would -"

He was interrupted by a door slamming open behind him. His two remaining guards turned towards it. In the doorway stood the now former guard captain and the prison warden. The warden had a loaded crossbow in his hands and before anyone had a chance to say a word he fired a bolt, right towards Lord Gardon. One of the guards was fast enough to react. He threw himself in front of his lord. The crossbow bolt pierced his chest, sticking out of his back.

As his companion took up a protective position next to his lord, the injured guard managed to toss his sword towards Telryn, before falling to the ground, clutching the bolt shaft. The sword clattered to the ground right in front of Telryn, still in its sheath.

"Captain Gale. Lord Gardon. I see you've found out about my little masquerade earlier than I had expected."

The now former guard captain had an almost insane expression in his eyes as he advanced towards the group, his own sword bared and ready to strike. Behind him, the warden was busy reloading his crossbow.

[ 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:40 PM   #142
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

Aikia/Suki

Aikia still sat behind the closed door, her hands clutching the handle for balance as she crouched, her face pressed to the old and splintering wood as hard as possible, trying to get a better view through the keyhole.

‘Suki.’ She called more firmly, quite sure that the sugar glider was inside and contentedly ignoring her.

Meanwhile, said creature of mischief was disappointed. Her target, blissfully unaware of her presence, had risen to his feet and was creating some strange thing that Suki was sure only hume would find useful. Becoming more bold by her nondetection, the small, furry marsupial slowly advanced, reaching the edge of the shadows the bed cast.

Aikia strained her eyes, hoping to catch even a glimpse of movement. Wait, there, under the nearest bed… Yes, there was Suki alright. In her agitation the slight girl pressed too hard against the door, accidentally pulling down on the handle with her weight.

There was a door creaking, followed abruptly by the sigh of fabric and the chime of precious metals, then the whoomp! of a rather surprised person hitting the floor. Aikia didn’t even make eye contact with the young man, she was so embarrassed by her gracelessness. “That’s twice in one day,” the girl thought irately to herself.

In seconds she had recovered and turned and bolted out the door, still practically on hands and knees. Maybe if she was lucky, the hume didn’t get a good look at her… She bounded around the corner and launched herself up the first few steps of the staircase leading to Her room. Flattening herself against the near wall, Aikia wished she could meld into the wood and disappear, her breathing irratic and face slightly flushed.

During the whirlwind of confusion, Suki chittered laughingly. Aine could be so funny, sometimes. Cheerfully, she waited to see what the other hume would do, before making a move for the now open door.

ooc- I feel that Ydalon brought this upon himself, by praying for solitude. And unfortunately we do not have the ‘luck’ stat in this game
Skydracgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #143
shamrock_uk
Dracolich

Detheriel

Wishing more than ever for his bow, Detheriel realised that they had to act immediately before the guard reloaded his crossbow. Unfortunately, Telryn would need a vulnerable moment to reach and unsheath the sword whilst the uncertain second guard seemed intent on holding back and protecting Lord Gardon rather than seizing the initiative.

"Move!" he roared, hoping to jolt the guard into action and give pause to the advancing swordsman. Simultaneously, he took a threatening step towards the Captain and fashioned a suitably murderous look on his face, hoping that the focus would remain on him so his allies could act in peace.

Fortunately, unless Detheriel had miscalculated or is otherwise surprised by the Captain, he was not yet within reach of the deadly sword arm.
shamrock_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #144
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

This situation called for precise movements.

Precise actions.

Precise words.

Unfortunately, time didn't permit such actions, or even allow him a thought process for that matter. Knowing in a fight between him and that crossbow he would come out worst, especially at near enough point blank, and armorless, and shieldless, he needed to act fast.

In the split second he had, he gazed into the crazed eyes of the ex-captain, and muttered "God, I feel so naked" before moving.

In a flurry of movement, impressively fast for an man of his size, he dropped to one knee, reaching out his right hand for the sheathed sword. Detheriel shouted something short, but Telryn didn't catch it.

The abandoned sword wasn't a flail, to say the least. He knew he couldn't swing like a deranged fool hoping to hit something hard enough so that it wouldn't stand back up, as per usual.

His hand wrapped around the handle of the sword before attempting to pull it back far enough to give him some time to unsheathe it...
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #145
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason heard the commotion from inside his cell and started banging on the door with both hands. Let me out! I'll fight for you I swear! My life is yours, if you'd only let me out!

His pounding became harder and louder as he went on, as if he was trying to break down the door. Jason backed away and tried ramming the door with his shoulder, after a dull pain appeared, he quit. Blast! If there was only something in here i could throw hard enough, maybe the door would come down.

He looked at the old man who was now standing, a wicked thought came to his mind.
How much do you weigh friend? seeing the look on the mans face he waved his hand and dismissed the notion.

Jason went to the back of the cell, thinking to get a running start. Heres the plan, i'm going to get a running start, and drop-kick the door as hard as i can, if it comes open, dont rush out, you may be killed. Understood?
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:30 PM   #146
dplax
Jack Burton

For Detheriel, Jason and Telryn

The warden was faster in reloading than anyone, even the ex-captain had expected. He only got a curt warning from the warden and barely managed to jump aside as another crossbow bolt shot out from the weapon. It missed Telryn's neck by barely an inch, smashing into a cell door behind him with an unnaturally strong thud.

The guard captain's move to avoid the crossbow bolt gave enough time for Telryn to draw the sword and make the first move against the captain.

Detheriel has moved closer to the guard captain, but without a weapon, it remains to be seen what he can do.

Jason, thinking the door less sturdy than it really was, flew into it with his feet. It gave a loud crack, but did not break down as he had hoped. The prison had a better system to keep the inmates in than that.

Jason fell to the ground, his foot hurting badly. At first inspection it wasn't broken, but he had strained a muscle quite badly.

The old man next to him gazed intently at a single point in the door, but did not budge.
Old 03-20-2007, 04:48 PM   #147
DrowArchmage
Mephistopheles

Jason flopped to the ground and emitted a grunt. He slowly got to his feet, leaning toward his right. He looked at the old man and glared, a small growl escaping.

You knew about the door! He accused, his knuckles turned white as he spoke. Godsdamnit! Back on the outside, i've killed men for less you know. Stop staring and say something you old whoreson! Jason stopped,he could "feel" what was happening outside, in a sense. He tried to cool his hot face and his hotter temper.

He limped over to the door and pressed his ears to it. He could hear movement, and could picture what was happening.He took a deep breathe and concentrated, trying to utilize his extensive training, he concentrated on his foot, willing the pain to be gone. He stood there for a little while and slowly the pain dimmed to nothing more than a pinprick.

Now, help me get out of here or I will make sure i'm the only one that leaves. I've asked you nicely, but now is not the time for you to go senile. Understood?
DrowArchmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 06:13 PM   #148
dplax
Jack Burton

For Jason:

"Whoreson..." the old man mulled over the word, repeating it over and over again. "Insults will not take you far in here, boy. Now shut up for a few minutes. Try not to draw attention to us. Once the ruckus out there dies down, I have a plan for getting us out of here."
Old 03-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #149
Legolas
Jack Burton

Ydalon

Snatching a piece of cloth from the line, Ydalon shot off in pursuit of the unexpected visitor. As he dashed, the boy struggled to wrap the material around his slender form in the hopes of maintaining some decency. He followed the spy through the old wooden hallway; the only true passageway from the chambers, passing a room's door on his right, then another. The footfalls ahead had stopped, but there was a dangerous expression on the young face - a hound with a scent. Ahead waited the stairs. Before them he came upon the intersection branching off to the commonroom, from there the kitchens and street awaited. Something creaked above.
Then his hand shot out, grabbing the far corner, and he jerked to a sudden halt.

Ydalon turned back, and poked his head out into the commonroom. The Golden Crane was quiet despite the hour, with only a handful of guests talking, drinking or dining calmly. He did not see the innkeeper, but then he did not stay to watch for long. He nodded curtly, satisfied with the sight.
Now that he was stationary, he could easily adjust the clean white cloth to fit him. Thus covered neatly from chest to upper legs, he calmly approached the stairway.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:14 PM   #150
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Telryn

The bolt barely missing him caused the hairs on his neck to stand on end. He hadn't had such a close shave like that in a while.

Knowing the warden was the biggest threat, Telryn had to stop that crossbow.

Switching the sword to his left hand, mirroring the ex-captains position, Telryn stepped closer, feinting a blow. Leaving his sword ready for a block, Telryn swung his right hand, connecting with the captains upper body, in an effort to either unbalance him, or push him back. As he did this, Telryn ducked and moved in front of the ex-captain, in a position blocking a shot from the warden, sword still raised to block.

It might have been brute force, but Telryn loved it.

OOC: Just something to move the game on, hopefully dplax, shamrock and I can be online sometime soonish to sort out a joint post for the combat?
Ivelliis is offline   Reply With Quote