Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2006, 01:20 PM   #21
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

I too watched it yesterday. Dang! That was one good movie! Easily the best of the three. I loved McCoy and Colossus, but I missed Nightcrawler. I guess I'll have to play the game to find out what happend to him. Why doesn't Gambit appear yet?
Old 05-29-2006, 03:26 PM   #22
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

C'mon though, was anyone really that sad to see cyclops go? It seemed to me they made his character so weak and whiney.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:26 PM   #23
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Cyclops was boring, I agree. No point in even having him in the series.. he did absolutely nothing then died.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 01:02 AM   #24
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

spoilers
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
;
yeah where was night crawler? maybe he went back to his church or something.
I think pheonix could have disintergrated wolverene, she managed to destroy all those soldiers pretty fast. I mean if some one like magneto can move the golden gate bridge, then somebody of phonix's power could do all of the stuff luvian luvian suggested, aswell as disintergrate wolverine.
as for rougue, what a wimp!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:42 AM   #25
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

C'mon man, its Wolvy, nothin can hurt him except Magneto, not anymore though right hehe? But seriously i was dissapointed with som of the mutants, like Rogue and Colosus not kickin more tail, and not knowing for sure about Juggs, but hey how long has the Juggernaut B*tch video been around, I just saw it about a month ago? Oh and i almost forgot, new avatar baby!

[ 05-30-2006, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Balintherlas ]
Old 05-30-2006, 02:52 AM   #26
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Cyclops was boring, I agree. No point in even having him in the series.. he did absolutely nothing then died.
The reason for this is that James Marsden, who played Cyclops, had scheduling conflicts with his Superman Returns shoot. As a consequence his airtime was severely curtailed.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 10:13 AM   #27
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
The reason for this is that James Marsden, who played Cyclops, had scheduling conflicts with his Superman Returns shoot. As a consequence his airtime was severely curtailed. </font>[/QUOTE]Well in the other 2 movies as well. He's just sort of thrown in because comic book fans would have rioted if he weren't there.
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #28
Marathon
Elminster

As an action movie, I thought it was ok. As a guy who grew up a X-Men fan, I thought it was god awful.

Cyclops' treatment was terrible, and the scheduling conflict could have been avoided. He was signed to Superman before the shooting schedule for X3 came out, and only for a small part in Superman at that. It was more of move by Fox studios to get back at a perceived traitor than a neccessity as I understand it. And while he wasn't ever that good in the movies, he should have had a strong role in any movie that focused on Dark Phoenix, even if it was a shell of the original story.

As for Phoenix vs. Wolverine - she did once obliterate a star. Destroying Logan would have been child's play to her had she wanted to.

Arclight was a former Maurader, who killed Morlock's in the Mutant Massacre. Made it funny to see her paired with Callisto, the leader of the Morlocks (with completely different powers).

I could go on for days about little things they did without thinking about them that were inconsistent. The point is they could have tried to be somewhat consistant to characterization, at least, if not comic plot, but they didn't.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 06:44 PM   #29
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yes, well, I just don't see them cramming 40 years of comics into a 6-hour long trilogy. Some things had to be cut. Mystique is Nightcrawler's mom(who's a spawn of a demon) and Rogue's foster parent. She's also a few centuries old. Juggernaut is Xavier's brother. Stryker killed his son at birth(the one loosely modeled after Mastermind). And I don't want to even start on the Phoenix. She once obliterated a star? How long has she been active in the movie? Do you really think he reached the level of powers she had in the comics?
My point is that they had to lose alot of stuff, add a lot of stuff(most of which is closely or loosely modeled after comic events and characters) to better fit the story. Otherwise it would have been boring as hell. So I raise this cup for X-Men and Spiderman, the best comic book movie adaptations ever!
Old 05-30-2006, 08:05 PM   #30
Marathon
Elminster

My point above, as I said, was that they could have tried to at least be consistent with characterization if not plot. I never expected them to follow any story lines consistently, least of all the Dark Phoenix story. This was parts of many different story lines crammed together, resulting in a bad story, no characterization and no respect for the material they adapted. Singer's movies had that characterization but didn't follow any established plot arc well, and I loved them.
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote