Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2001, 04:28 AM   #1
Dragon Poop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What was your favorite and why? Im just starting tomorrow...since the game is so huge I wanted get into a unique character right away. Any help?
Old 03-17-2001, 04:37 AM   #2
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragon Poop:
What was your favorite and why? Im just starting tomorrow...since the game is so huge I wanted get into a unique character right away. Any help?
sits there quietly as if he is thinking, then all of a sudden he bursts out into a high piching laughter PUUUUUUUUUH HAHAHAHAHAHA ! gotcha! it is somekind joke only he understands why do you shuck sho bad sho you could not even dishide wut to ushe man you haf to get shpoiled over thish kindsh shmall thingsh me tell you thish all classh are fun depending how you play de gaem pauses intentionally for a dramatic effect, though apparent he failed, but not that he care... the shecret ish...

SHPOILER ALART!!!
ME IS DA SHAMRTESHT!!!!

Old 03-17-2001, 04:39 AM   #3
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I played and loved the Monk. Twice. Then I moved on to other classes.

Dragon, make sure you read the manual though. Give it a skim at least. I didn't and picked an NPC portrait that compromised the roleplay aspect.

Another hint: watch out for spoilers on the board. We're pretty careful here, but don't go busting into any old topic, because a lot of us have finished the game. You are more than welcome here though. Check out the Gen discussions forum too.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-17-2001, 05:10 AM   #4
white heron
Manshoon

Maybe, like myself and probably many others, you'll play through the first chapter(or two)and start again with a different class.....and then maybe you'll start again after that,because unless you try them out you'll never know for sure.
Right now im playing a multiclass fighter/mage/thief and although im enjoying it immensly,its tough because any experience i gain is shared equally between those three classes(as if they were three separate characters).Its tough because i'd like to be a level 12 mage before i enter chapter 3,so i'm having to keep the number of characters in my group to a minimum so experience is shared amongst the group and i still get to level up sometimes.
Anyway,...just a warning there.
But i suggest reading the manual and message boards to get some sort of picture and then some in-game trial and error.
Hope you enjoy the game,and welcome to this forum!

------------------
"And remember what i told you....Walk with rage against those who threaten the great Mother!".
Old 03-17-2001, 01:31 PM   #5
Dragon Poop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you all for the information. I was thinking about a monk. 250 has has too much 151 and ..even though i get it....it was an honest question.
Old 03-17-2001, 01:36 PM   #6
Moiraine
Anubis

Yes, read the manual to get some insight on all classes, besides there is no absolute 'best' class, each has its good and bad sides. Do you play any PnP game ?

------------------
Old 03-17-2001, 09:15 PM   #7
Lord Shield

Possible Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
I had an absolute doddle of a time as a L-G Undead Hunter and an evil half-orc Berserker. I'm currently playing a L-N Sorceror (although I wish I 'd chosen a different alignment, because I got a poxy ferret for a familiar)

Old 03-18-2001, 02:28 AM   #8
Aurum
Manshoon

Paladin; Cavalier, is great against undeads.
Sorcery: freedom of move, use indiscriminate of spell.
Kensai/mage: Faster attack, power ofensive magic.
Cleric/thief: Good combination.
Fighter/cleric/mage: Better combination (weak at begin, but after...).
Fighter/mage/thief: Good combination (" " ").
Baldurian: Cheat..... OK, illegal, andddd!!!!!

------------------
When The world of the deads comes,
we will already be there.
Old 03-18-2001, 02:57 AM   #9
Dragon Poop
Elite Waterdeep Guard

lol..how do you play as baulderon?
Old 03-18-2001, 08:37 AM   #10
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

yes, depends on how you play it etc. Here are my favourites:

Kensai/Thief - fast kills, great fighter and thief
Fighter/Mage/Thief - great combination (strong throughout the game, good for soloing)
Ranger/Cleric - good fighter, good cleric with druid spells added to that
Kensai/Mage - really offensive
Fighter/Mage - gotta be human and put 5 stars in short bow.
Undead hunter - I like the immunity to level drain
Bounty hunter - I like the traps, especially when you can maze
Archer - Damn good archer, this is IMHO the best ranger

I haven't tried the monk and some other classes. These are my favourites.