Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2002, 01:01 PM   #1
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Specifically, I'm tired of so many good weapons being cursed. Don't mind the unremovable (and hit point drain no prob with amulets), but no ranged weapons has just become too annoying.

I've already poked around some and can't find what I need, which is either: (a) a file spec for items, so I can turn off the cursed bit; or (b) a third party program that can do it for me. Have seen a couple of cheat programs out there, but they only edit stats, etc.

So, if anyone knows of a site with the info, or a program that can uncurse the goodies, I'd like to know about it. Thanks!

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 01:51 PM   #2
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

What?

Yessh, I only have two that have distance attacks. (Well three, but the priest really doesn't have too many attack spells). It's mostly my ranger and my mage blasting them from a distance. My Lord, Valk and Rogue all have cursed weapons, and can't do distance. All of my party is level 18 or so, and I have had NO issues with the whole pecking at'em from a distance. If it's an issue, hell, just run up to them and melee them. If you have cursed items, they're cursed cuz they kick arse. Take the second to run up to them and melee them if ya don't have people who can use bows...

Other than that, can't help ya much.
Old 01-11-2002, 05:50 PM   #3
sageridder
Drizzt Do'Urden

Re: cheats
http://www.softwarespecialties.com/
I don't use editors,but if nothing else they have a decient hints and tips page.
Trust is indeed a shiny jewel,set in the stone of friendship.And much like any other stone can be use to crush the skulls of those unsuspecting.To clear the path for me to claim my rightful place as master of all I survey.

Play games win prizes completely free. http://teet.net/af/bd395b7216
So far I've won an 8gb ipod nano and an acer inspire netbook
sageridder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2002, 09:06 PM   #4
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Vap, hmmm, I'm a bit dubious about advice from anyone named after the god of Orcs. Heh. Anyway, I like a mix of ranged and melee combat. Just running up and beating on everything all the time just doesn't do it for me. And my back line (2 bishops & alchemist) can be quite effective with the right slings and ammo.

Sage, thanks, I'll check them out.

Nightowl2
Old 01-12-2002, 09:57 AM   #5
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL! Nice to see someone who knows the name! [img]smile.gif[/img] (Combo of the troll and orc god name)! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hrm. I know there's some editors out there... but I don't know up to what patch they work with? (I try to resist the pull of the dark side of editting! LOL!)
Old 01-12-2002, 12:44 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Ha, missed the troll part. Then again, I don't have much to do with evil deities if I can help it

My game is patched only for Ascension Peak. So far, that's all I've needed. Did check out the link given by Sage, but that was a no go. The site has something only for Wiz 7.

The information (or software) has to be out there somewhere. At least, I hope so. I've been looking through the Wiz webring, but nothing has turned up yet. Oh well.

Nightowl2
Old 01-12-2002, 02:13 PM   #7
ObverseReaction
Dungeon Master

Ok, you need to look in the data.slf file with a hex editor (obviously). Search for the name of the item you wish to modify. Offset from the item name (that is, the beginning of the name) for cursed status is 0x8ch (or 140). If it's cursed, it's set at 0x01, if it's not, it's 0x00.

O.R.

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: ObverseReaction ]

ObverseReaction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 03:30 PM   #8
vesselle
Hathor

~~OR~~

is your editor set up to remove curses? usually if one person speaks out, that means there's more hanging in the background, wishing the same thing. course, i dunno if it's even something you can set up to switch off and on, so forgive me if i am suggesting something that's not possible. ::curtsies::

V***V
Old 01-12-2002, 03:41 PM   #9
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

LOL! Well the name (long story made short, "too late!") came from Everquest. A friend saw all these good aligned role playing guilds, but really no evil guilds for them to role play off of. So he wanted to make a evil guild (mind you, this guy plays nothing but LG characters and paladins!) so that we could have some fun. My first name I tried to get was Gruumsh (which you recognized), then I tried Vaprak (the troll diety), since I made a troll character, both turned up taken. So I combined the name to Vaprakgruumsh, and it took. So it's stuck since then. [img]smile.gif[/img]

And as for that hex editor stuff - you might as well be talking Mambo Jumbo language! DOn't understand hex editting to save my life. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Is there any hex editor you'd recommend or where you can download it and such? Something I've always heard about but never tried. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-12-2002, 04:03 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

hey, vap!

beginners can always start at hexworkshop! they have a good editor and lots of info.

course, ultraedit is okay too!

then, you're gonna need some info on how to do it, too. gamezone is one of those sites that looks absolutely AWFUL, but boyhowdy, do they ever have a nice area for someone who wants to dabble around in hexediting. scroll down till you see something like "blah blah's site for hacking your games" or "hexediting tutorial" or some such stuff.

good luck, vap! you're a brave soul. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V

[ 01-12-2002: Message edited by: vesselle ]