Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 10-26-2001, 06:02 AM   #1
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Now, now, before you all start rolling your eyes and think I went off the deep end, allow me to explain first.

First, let it be known that I fought the non-improved Abazigal, I will be patching in the improved version soon though.

Anyway, here is how the fight went. I began by instructing my Swashbuckler to sneak along the walls, attracting the Frost Salamanders and polishing them off one by one, staying out of Abazigal's visual sight all the time.

With the Frost Salamanders out of the way, I used Viconia to summon 4 Skeleton Warriors and a Fallen Deva. These 5 summons, teamed up with Sarevok, Korgan and my Swashbuckler to confront Abazigal in his human form, he would fall quickly to their combined might( all three have Whirlwinds). Meanwhile, my Necromancer, Azrael, along with Edwin and Viconia move behind Abazigal to avoid the upcoming Morph Buffet.

Abazigal's human form is vanquished, he morphs and knocks back everybody. Edwin tries to Spell Trigger him with 3 Lower Resistances, but is interrupted by his Chain Lightning, Azrael however, managed to cast his Time Stop...

The fun begins.

... cast Improved Alacrity, followed by 8 Magic Missiles( 2 stored inside a Minor Spell Sequencer), 6 Melf's Acid Arrow, 6 Flame Arrows( 3 stored inside a Spell Sequencer), 1 Polymorph, 1 Feeblemind, 6 Finger of Deaths, 4 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting( 3 stored in Chain Contingency).

Azrael then walked right next to Abazigal and casted 2 Breaches, 1 Lower Resistance, 1 Greater Malison, 1 Ruby Ray, 1 Khelben's Warding Whip and 1 Pierce Shield.

The Time Stop ends, the motherload of spells hits Abazigal but wait! What is this? He lives? No other Dragon had ever survived this kind of onslaught, not even Draconis! I was bamboozled and TAB Abazigal for his status, he was 'near death', so I quickly sent in Sarevok, who was the closest, to engage Abazigal with a Greater Whirlwind, 1 round later and 200+ damage later... Abazigal was still standing? Then I realised something, Abazigal was not fighting back! It took a while for it to sink in, but I finally realised what had happened, he had been Feebleminded!

Knowing that Feeblemind lasts forever, I thought it would be cute to let Azrael and Edwin duke it with Abazigal, using their returnable throwing dart and dagger. 5 minutes later though, Abazigal still did not fall, and I pondered some more. I suspected then that somehow the Feeblemind had suspended the script, same as how Protection from Undead scrolls affect the Kangaxx and Bodhi scripts, so I decided to gamble and dispel the Feeblemind.

With a tense finger, I made Azrael cast Dispel Magic and voila! Abazigal gives out his death cry.

And that, my good people, is how you kill Abazigal with a Dispel Magic.

Screenshots!

First screenshot shows Azrael posing with the Feebleminded Abazigal. I made the rest move aside so that only the two of them would appear on the screen.

Second screenshot shows the act of killing Abazigal, I placed Sarevok behind Abazigal... just in case.

Sigh... I guess I should download the Improved Abazigal patch. While it is amusing and satisfying that nobody ever loses more than 15Hp in the Dragon fights I engage in now, I want a bigger challenge.

Watcher's Keep Level 5 Spoiler
--------
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
Nobody got hurt in this Dragon fight... ...

Basically I used the Time Stop + Improved Alacrity + Robe of Vecna + Amulet of Power method.

The Dragon actually died before the Finger of Deaths and ADHWs even hit him... he got killed by the Magic Missiles, Flame Arrows and Melf's Acid Arrows. Azrael is in the white globe, he is actually in front of the FoDs and ADHWs( all near Edwin), because he moved forward during the Time Stop to cast the protection lowering/removing spells.
________

Thanks for reading. Any comments?

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Cavalier meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a Blade and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Sorcerer Spell List
Dragon Slaying Tips
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 08:19 AM   #2
Debaser

Yo Dundee...I like that portrait that you use for Azrael. do you remember where you found it, or could you send me the file? i might want to use it for the chaotic evil elven swashbuckler i'm making.
Debaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 09:55 AM   #3
Fuzzy Animal
Zhentarim Guard

WOW, that sure was something!!!! I love
it when the spells start flying. Who would
of thought a dispel magic could be so
deadly? I doubt that will be the way I'll
handle this dragon.
Fuzzy Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 10:23 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Debaser:
Yo Dundee...I like that portrait that you use for Azrael. do you remember where you found it, or could you send me the file? i might want to use it for the chaotic evil elven swashbuckler i'm making.
I found the portrait at the following site. It is a very good website.

http://www.kirith.com/portrait/

Especially since BG2 has a pitiful two choices for Mages.
Old 10-26-2001, 10:26 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fuzzy Animal:
WOW, that sure was something!!!! I love it when the spells start flying. Who would of thought a dispel magic could be so deadly? I doubt that will be the way I'll handle this dragon.
I wish I had my Sorcerer doing this! Do you have any idea how many spells I can hurl with a Sorcerer using that tactic! I wish it did not take this long for me to appreciate Time Stop... ...