Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-27-2005, 12:00 PM   #1
Vampire

Does anyone play or know much about Lineage II?

How different is it to EQII and WoW?

I mean why is WoW and EQ2 so dominant? Is Lineage II any good?

I can't wait for WoW here in the UK....

Old 01-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
Link
Jack Burton

Lineage 2 didn't get a decent score in the gaming magazine I read, so I'm not buying it. IIRC it's more fighting than anything else, and you really need to like that.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:30 PM   #3
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I played it for about 4 month, my best friend still play it.

In that game, anyone can attack anyone at any time.

If you die, you lose both xp and items.

I've seen an archer that lost his bow he had spent a couple millions on. That's about 3-4 month of heavy hunting and trading. Lost because he died. Sorry, no more weapon.

If you get killed, you lose something like 7% xp every time.

Since this game take awfully long to get xp, that's about 2-3 hours of hunting lost.

Don't expect to kill lots of monsters. Just killing 1-2 will take all your resources. If you sit it take something like 5-10 minutes to get your health and mana back.

The game is painfull, you have to be a masochist to enjoy it. Those are just a couple example that come to mind, but there are a lot more annoying things.

Oh, did I mention that guilds can capture the castle of each zone and then own the zone? This sound fun in theory, but the guilds owning them are those that bought cash and all the best items on ebay, so they are all using the best items in the game, and with the bought money they got every castle defense possible.

Did I mention that they can set a tax on anything sold in their zone? Expect to pay a huge tax on every transaction you make.

And all that tax money, where it is going? On better items and castle defenses...

Oh, did I also mention that you can't travel 5 minute without running into a Chinese farmer farming money to sell on ebay?

I remember a time when me and my friend went into a dungeon to level but every room was camped by one. To get rid of us they would lure monsters on us, and attack the monsters we were fighting.

They were higher level, so we couldn't do anything.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

That games all about grinding, discard it from even thinking of. Im actually surprised the game is still on, and no I havent played it. But I know 20 who did. Everyone echoed what Luvian said
Old 01-28-2005, 04:34 AM   #5
Vampire

But this sounds not enjoyable but realistic to me....

I mean armour in those days costed the same as a Ferrari racing car and killing Dragons isn't for every villager who killed some goblins...

hehe, wish it had a better review...

I really dont like games that reward you all the time. Rewards should be nothing or everything.
Old 01-28-2005, 07:28 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

But games are supposed to be fun. Reality is what comes afterward . Trust me, Lineage 2 is a dive. Things are put in there that simply don't work in gameplay. Avoid at all costs.
Old 01-28-2005, 01:07 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
But this sounds not enjoyable but realistic to me....

I mean armour in those days costed the same as a Ferrari racing car and killing Dragons isn't for every villager who killed some goblins...

hehe, wish it had a better review...

I really dont like games that reward you all the time. Rewards should be nothing or everything.
No no, don't listen to them, get it if you think you'll like it.

There's nothing better than learning from your own experiences.