Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2004, 02:02 PM   #11
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

AP is the place for the toughest random spawns. You can continue going there via Mountain Wilds as long as you never bring more than one of the final quest items at a time.

The Temple in the SE Wilds is one of few tough battles in the game.

You can go become friendly with the T'rang. They are a little more suspicious, so it's always safer to approach their leader with one of thier quest items (flag is the first one) instead of an empty cursor (lips). If you complete all but the last quest for each, which invloves killing some of the others, you can do the treaty quest as well, wherein they become friends. (rescue the prisoners)

Lord can become Fighter, no problem, Berzerk isn't necessarily worth the extra Stamina cost, and you'd lose the Dual-Wield bonus, but it migh be balanced by the Fighter's Melee bonus...Mace skill has to be at least 50 before you get multiple attacks.

When mobs aren't facing you, the graphics can get kinda loopy.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 03:13 PM   #12
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Ascension Peak is not blocked unless you arrived there with two or more of the doodads in your possession. You can go to the Peak for buffing up any time you like. The Dark Savant will not show until you place the three doodads and go to the portal to the Cosmic Circle. Since this area has the toughest monsters generally, you may be disappointed later when you come for the finale.

It is possible - even desirable - to work for both sides. You must talk to Z'Ant under Marten's Bluff to join the T'Rang. Saxx probably will not go there with you, under the circumstances. This is considered dangerous because it's possible Z'Ant will find out you're playing both sides and turn hostile. This doesn't happen, however, until you talk to him. I suggest saving before each conversation, just in case.

I noticed a similar problem with my Lord who used Diamond Eyes in the offhand; he didn't seem to use it as often as he should have. I was not able to figure out the reason.

NIghtowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 06:52 AM   #13
Ugaya
Manshoon

SPOILERS

Regarding T'Rang/Umpani

The following comes from www.volberding.com and isn't too spoilerish. [with additional notes from me]

The Umpani-T'Rang Alliance procedure requires the following:

1) The Umpani and T'Rang must not be hostile to your party. You can do all of their quests with the exception of the final one in each case, but if you do accept quests from both sides you must pay off He'Li in Arnika [go to her immediately after accepting the first quest from the second possible ally, I don't know when exactly she will blow up your diplomacy but she will] and possibly turn in the T'Rang spy (SGT Kunar) in the Umpani Base Camp.
[You can turn in Sgt. Kunar without any consequences for the trilateral alliance.]
[You will recognize the final quests. IIRC the Umpani want you to destroy the T'Rang ship and vice versa. In any case the last quests are about mass murder...]

2) You must have at least two of the three objects (Destinae Dominus, Astral Dominae, or Chaos Moliri) in the party's possession

3) You must become a Templar prior to entering the Wilderness Clearing (Rapax Away Camp)
[In the Rapax Away Camp you will have to make your choice. You can't get the T-Rang-Umpani-alliance without making the Rapax Templars hostile. If you do so the last steps towards the alliance are then given to you by the Non-Rapax people you met there.]
Old 01-03-2004, 11:12 AM   #14
Nightowl2
Galvatron

You don't have to pay off He'Li if you avoid talking to her. Once I start doing the quests, I just never go into her place again. Note, though, that even so Z'Ant may find out the truth about you. That has happened to me a couple of times, and I suspect it's time-related. Usually, though, there are no problems.

Nightowl2
Old 01-03-2004, 12:08 PM   #15
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:
Note, though, that even so Z'Ant may find out the truth about you. That has happened to me a couple of times, and I suspect it's time-related. Usually, though, there are no problems.

Nightowl2
Do you mean that there are no consequences when Z'Ant finds out that you're working for the Umpani? That sounds like unfinished (programming) business.

Well, I always pay He'Li's little fee and everybody remains happy.
Old 01-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #16
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

There are consequences. If Z'ant finds out, and you approach with the lips, Z'ant attacks and all the T'rang turn red. If, however, you touch Z'ant with the next quest item on your cursor, it'll be OK.
Old 01-03-2004, 05:04 PM   #17
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Umm, no. When I wrote "usually no problems", I meant that usually I could do the whole thing without Z'Ant learning the truth. Sorry for the confusion.

Scatter is correct about giving Z'Ant the items, but there is one quest where you can't do that, namely the Dark Ship coordinates task. Those you have to give him in conversation, which means you're skunked if he detects your double role before then.

Nightowl2
Old 01-03-2004, 07:13 PM   #18
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

If you still have it, clicking on Z'ant with the CM will trigger the "you keep it" response and let you talk.
Old 01-03-2004, 08:53 PM   #19
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Oho! Is that right? You can do the CM bit and still tell him the coordinates? That's good to know for future reference. Thanks, Scatter. I'd never have thought to try the CM myself after the initial quest for it.

Nightowl2
Old 01-06-2004, 09:03 PM   #20
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by seclists:
have I misunderstood how the skill/spell system works?
To find out all about the spell learning process, have a read of http://wiz8.web1000.com/perko.html which gives the exact mechanics of how it all works. (Also signature below might be of interest).

Enjoy!

[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-06-2004, 09:05 PM: Message edited by: Wolfie ]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote