Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-23-2003, 01:41 PM   #11
Leslie
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Xen:
quote:
Originally posted by Assassin:
You know that little Cleric's spell called "Death WArd"? It'll be your friend if you don't reload for deaths. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Yes and i use it many times. Dwarf with a Vorpal Sword(Tactics Mod) is one good case. [/QUOTE]Oh, yeah ? When I fight that Dwarf, he never knows what is hitting him, he is too busy gulping healing potions.

[ 09-23-2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Leslie ]
Old 09-23-2003, 02:28 PM   #12
Haldir
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by SillySorcerer:
I played BG1 all the way through three times. The last time through I made a gentleman's agreement with myself to let characters die-- If a party member could not be resurrected, then I had to say goodbye to them. It was tough seeing Imoen, Khalid, and Minsc get obilterated, but it was also fun because it forced me to use other characters like Xan, Dynahir, and Vaconia. It also added some extra importance (and fun) to the battles.

I am deep into my first run through BG2-SoA, now, and am finding the difficulty level to be quite a bit steeper than it was in BG1. My "hard core" rules just don't seem to be practical since I am frequently getting my little six pack slaughtered. I am totally into the "get killed/reload/try again" routine. It takes a bit of the tension out of the battles, but I am sure I would be out of PCs by the middle of chapter three if I were to do otherwise. How about you? Do you ever let a party member die? Or do you always reload?
You are realy funny. Why do you let thm dye? You should buy Rod of Ressurection. Usefull stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2003, 09:55 AM   #13
Azaghal
The Magister

Hey, SillySorcerer. Don't let the others bug you. At first I really frowned on your request and thought "What does he/she think savegames are good for?". But on the second look I got really interested and I even think you motivated me for another time thru the whole BGT. Now with "killable" characters and NPCs. Maybe I can finally give Viconia or other interesting outsiders a chance which always lose an inNPC-contest; just because i have to.
Old 09-26-2003, 03:16 PM   #14
SillySorcerer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Haldir:
[You are realy funny. Why do you let thm dye? You should buy Rod of Ressurection. Usefull stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
Can the Rod resurrect them even if they get obliterated?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:18 PM   #15
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by SillySorcerer:
quote:
Originally posted by Haldir:
[You are realy funny. Why do you let thm dye? You should buy Rod of Ressurection. Usefull stuff. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Can the Rod resurrect them even if they get obliterated? [/QB][/QUOTE]You mean chunckiefied-their portraits are gone-no they can˙`t be ressurected. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 03:28 PM   #16
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

It's true! The Divine Rod of Resurrection can only revive NPC's when their portrait is till intact
Old 09-26-2003, 03:34 PM   #17
Feral
Elminster

Speaking of which - after what kinds of deaths is a character a permanent goner?
Old 09-26-2003, 03:46 PM   #18
Ugaya
Manshoon

Quote:
Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

I don` just let them die. I always try to keep them alive. But some of us(Me and Alson) did finish SoA on Insane and Tactics without Reloads. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Without reloads during the first run through tactics on insane level?
Old 09-26-2003, 08:25 PM   #19
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Feral:
Speaking of which - after what kinds of deaths is a character a permanent goner?
Effectively a "death by massive damage". If a creature takes a lot more damage than it has HP, they get chunked. Do a critical hit on a goblin and see what I mean. Well, the same thing happens to your characters. If big bad dragon really wails them, for example, they can get chunked the same way, and thereby be unable to come back. Death effects can also do the same thing.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 02:23 PM   #20
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by Ugaya:
quote:
Welcome to IW! [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

I don` just let them die. I always try to keep them alive. But some of us(Me and Alson) did finish SoA on Insane and Tactics without Reloads. [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
Without reloads during the first run through tactics on insane level? [/QUOTE]If i would go with Insane and Tactics and my first run through the game i wouldn`t really be human you know. (Same goes for soloing BG 1 on Insane)
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote