Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2002, 08:48 PM   #1
pBluescript
Dungeon Master

I'm in the first area of the underdark. There is a small cavern area to the way northwest. In it are lots of Kua-toa. In one small area to the east is a room which has a statue of Demogorgon in it which reads "place an animal sacrafice at demogorgons feet and get your reward."
In another room next-door there is a shallow round pool which contains mutated tadpoles you can pick up and carry about as if it were treasure. I assume this is the food sacrifice to demogorgon. However there is no place to put the animals. Usually a blue area lights up to put things like this. I have tried putting the tadpoles on the ground by the statues feet, but nothing happens and it just shows up as treasure on the ground.
There are some shelves nearby that light up blue and have a few gold pieces in them. I have put the tadpoles in there also but nothing has happend.

Any suggestions? Do I have a bug and need a patch?

Finally, I am considering purchasing a Toyota Matrix. If anyone here has heard anything about them, good or bad I would appreciate the comments. Yah, I know it's OT, please forgive me.
pBluescript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 08:54 PM   #2
Silver
Dungeon Master

The mutated tadpoles don't do anything but weaken the prince is placed in the area with the regular tadpoles. As for the sacrifice I couldn't tell you.
\"Good hips, breed like cow, strong like ox. Hitch to plow when horse dies.\"-Kethry.<br /><br />\"I keep looking, but I runnings out of recipes soon. Needs to find Martha, soon. She around hell somewhere, I thinks.\"-Cespenar
Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:11 PM   #3
pBluescript
Dungeon Master

Prince Tuo-Koa is already dead. Didn't need no stinking polliwogs for that.

Heh, I'm a Dungeon Master now.
Woot.

[ 07-11-2002, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: pBluescript ]
pBluescript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:20 PM   #4
Dragonbreath
Manshoon

For the sacrifice you need to summon a creature then make it walk up to the statue of Demogorgon (save before you do this), then there is a fight with 5 Demon Knights. There are some nice rewards...enjoy!!

[ 07-11-2002, 10:11 PM: Message edited by: Dragonbreath ]
Old 09-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #5
SnarktheStrange
The Magister

Boo wasn't interested.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by SnarktheStrange:
Boo wasn't interested.
Thank you for that comment. It doesn't make sense now, but I'm sure it made sense in the original context of four years ago.

Edit- Nope, this unicorn business just doesn't suit me and my general demeanor, I've decided.

[ 09-28-2006, 10:57 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:35 PM   #7
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

A Thread necromancer?!

Ahhhhhh!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 AM   #8
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

Of SnarktheStrange, who was my friend in college and in after life, I can speak only with extreme terror. This terror is not due altogether to the sinister manner of his recent disappearance, but was engendered by the whole nature of his life-work, and first gained its acute form more than seventeen years ago, when we were in the third year of our course at the Miskatonic University Medical School in Arkham. While he was with me, the wonder and diabolism of his experiments fascinated me utterly, and I was his closest companion. Now that he is gone and the spell is broken, the actual fear is greater. Memories and possibilities are ever more hideous than realities.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Fortunately for us all, I just rested and have memorized Magic Missile. Ironworks surely has nothing to fear now.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:07 PM   #10
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Huzzah!
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote