Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 04:20 PM   #11
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Our Christmas cards came in at work today...All 600 of them. Wheeeeee!! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 05:06 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
To add one to the list....A lot of the regulars are not posting anymore, because they aren't here anymore to begin with/lost interest/went into lurkmode/found another place to hang their hat.

Who's to blame for that ? The RPG gamingindustry isn't booming anymore, simple.
Yes. I noticed a huge drop in the regular members that would habng around here a few years back. There seems to be almost only a handful of regulars who frequent the forums now. I can think of names that I used to see daily then they gradually just faded off.

[ 12-04-2006, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 12-04-2006, 05:10 PM   #13
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
11. In creating the "unexpected" Ziroc implemented the new "hide post from Larry" feature we've been discussing in that 46 page long debate on page 1.
Trust you Yorick to let Larry in on the secret! next you will be spilling the beans on the 'Does TDC arse look big in this thread' or the 'Who is going to catch Choc and paint him yellow thread' [img]graemlins/noevil.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well Does it???
Old 12-04-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Of course not....
when compared with an elephant's, no one's does...

[ 12-04-2006, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #15
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Quote:
1. IW'ers are playing NWN 2.
2. IW'ers are checking out Ziroc's newest changes to Undermountain.
3. IW'ers are taking Final Exams.
4. IW'ers are are all on suspension from the Hicks thread debate.
5. IW'ers are having more sex.
6. IW'ers are playing with their new PS3s.
7. IW'ers are decorating for Christmas.
8. IW'ers have all been killed by Johnny (who per chance is now too drunk to log on).
9. IW'ers are all at some IW's convention and "forgot" to tell me.
10. IW'ers are desperately scrambling to save their PMs before the Forum Change.
11. In creating the "unexpected" Ziroc implemented the new "hide post from Larry" feature we've been discussing in that 46 page long debate on page 1.
12. IW'ers are being hunted down to the last of us for visiting here at work...
Kyrvias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:00 PM   #16
Link
Jack Burton

I don't post here much because I can be gone a day without any replies whatsoever. This place is just a ghost town. There used to be café's and bars and a multitude of buzzing threads. Today nothing of that exists.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 07:07 PM   #17
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
To add one to the list....A lot of the regulars are not posting anymore, because they aren't here anymore to begin with/lost interest/went into lurkmode/found another place to hang their hat.

Who's to blame for that ? The RPG gamingindustry isn't booming anymore, simple.
Couldn't say it better, johnny, my thoughts exactly. The last really major RPG that gave consistent buzz was BG2 and you can make the argument, to some degree, NWN1, but a lot of NWN posting is done over at the Bioware boards.

Plus, if you notice in any forum that has been around for some time a community forms within the broader community and I believe the majority move on if they don't "connect."

[ 12-04-2006, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2006, 08:52 PM   #18
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
I don't post here much because I can be gone a day without any replies whatsoever. This place is just a ghost town. There used to be café's and bars and a multitude of buzzing threads. Today nothing of that exists.
Ghost town is a bit too much, it's not as buzzing as before, that's for sure, but definitely not a ghost town. Compared with other boards i used to, or still frequent, this place is still very much alive. The Gamebanshee forums, now that's a ghost town, or Sorcerer's Place, just to name a few. Others have completely died, like the Silver River, or Unforgotten Realms. But it's exactly like i said before, all the boards i mentioned above, are RPG related, and like it or not, RPG is slowly dying a painful death, and the boards with an RPG theme along with it.

I'm a member over on the Rome Total Realism forums, and right now that place is buzzing with activities, thanks to all sorts of community features like a battlesystem, guilds, and arcade games in which members can participate, the soon to be released final version 7.0 of RTR, and last but not least, the release of Medieval TW 2. Come back there a year from now, when the excitement of MTW2 and RTR 7.0 has faded away, and the place will be a whole lot more quiet, basically because people have found a new game, and a new community to go with it. I guess sooner or later that's the fate of all messageboards.

Well, maybe not FOK, there's so much crap going on over there, i wouldn't even know in which thread to post first.

[ 12-04-2006, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 12-04-2006, 09:13 PM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Ghost town is a bit too much, it's not as buzzing as before, that's for sure, but definitely not a ghost town. Compared with other boards i used to, or still frequent, this place is still very much alive. The Gamebanshee forums, now that's a ghost town, or Sorcerer's Place, just to name a few. Others have completely died, like the Silver River, or Unforgotten Realms. But it's exactly like i said before, all the boards i mentioned above, are RPG related, and like it or not, RPG is slowly dying a painful death, and the boards with an RPG theme along with it.

I'm a member over on the Rome Total Realism forums, and right now that place is buzzing with activities, thanks to all sorts of community features like a battlesystem, guilds, and arcade games in which members can participate, the soon to be released final version 7.0 of RTR, and last but not least, the release of Medieval TW 2. Come back there a year from now, when the excitement of MTW2 and RTR 7.0 has faded away, and the place will be a whole lot more quiet, basically because people have found a new game, and a new community to go with it. I guess sooner or later that's the fate of all messageboards.

Well, maybe not FOK, there's so much crap going on over there, i wouldn't even know in which thread to post first.
[/QUOTE]But RPG's have "died" before only to be revitalised by certain games, spawning an influx of people and a resurgance of new titles. I don't think RPG games could ever die forever...it's not a fad or a trend, and sure it does have it's dry periods but to go away and leave that market empty forever and ever would be strange in my mind. I mean, how can RPG games be replaces since they are unique in themselves?
Old 12-04-2006, 10:09 PM   #20
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
That's true, but all the big names haven't brought what everyone expected them to bring. Compared with Morrowind, i think Oblivion lacks a few things here and there, Morrowind has much more depth in the storyline, and the whole world had a mysterious feel to it, i miss that in Oblivion. Same goed for NWN2 more or less. I think i finished NWN at least a half dozen times, i don't think NWN2 has he same replayability as NWN, but that's just my 2 cents.

Maybe a new Baldurs Gate could breathe new life into things, but i doubt there will ever be one. They don't make games of a Baldurs Gate and Torment caliber anymore. I hope i'm wrong, but i think we have the best in RPG's behind us.