Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 06:44 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce The Aussie:
hey Memnoch made any good kits ?

One or two... I wanted to create a bladesinger, but it's difficult to make any mage/spell related kits because that info is hardcoded into the mage kits, not in the 2da area.

I've been focusing on weapons and armor for the OHF!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Holy Flame
Old 03-05-2001, 07:10 AM   #12
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
One or two... I wanted to create a bladesinger, but it's difficult to make any mage/spell related kits because that info is hardcoded into the mage kits, not in the 2da area.

I've been focusing on weapons and armor for the OHF!

This is part test - see if I'm doing the quote stuff correctly but I am also curious about hacked characters. Once I beat the game fair and square (mostly), I think it might be cool to try a Skald or Jester combined with the skills of a thief (straight, no kit). Is this possible? If so, how hard would it be for someone, such as myself, who does not know much about computers and less about programming?

------------------
Next time I send some damned fool, I'll go myself...
Old 03-05-2001, 07:21 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by IdiotRogue:
This is part test - see if I'm doing the quote stuff correctly but I am also curious about hacked characters. Once I beat the game fair and square (mostly), I think it might be cool to try a Skald or Jester combined with the skills of a thief (straight, no kit). Is this possible? If so, how hard would it be for someone, such as myself, who does not know much about computers and less about programming?

Go the quoters! Quotes are good when posts are getting quite long and you want to reference a specific comment someone made.

IR, it's not really that hard, just a bit tricky deciding exactly what you want. It involves editing certain 2DA files which you can find using Infinity Explorer. It's pretty intuitive. I've got a tutorial I downloaded from Drizzt's site which spells it out for you, if you want me to email it to you. WARNING: If you stuff it up, it will stuff your game up though, so I suggest you back up these files before you play around with them. They're not just files you can delete from your override if they don't work.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-05-2001, 07:24 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Double post deleted

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 03-05-2001).]
Old 03-05-2001, 07:38 AM   #15
Stealthy

Hi Memnoch, could you e-mail them to me as well please, I would like to grab a copy too . Cheers!

------------------

Charlie's S-Plan diet is no better than his invisibility potion!
Old 03-05-2001, 08:01 AM   #16
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Stealthy:
Hi Memnoch, could you e-mail them to me as well please, I would like to grab a copy too . Cheers!

No problems Stealthy. Just sent it to you. Just remember to give Drizzt credit for putting it together!

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 09:32 AM   #17
sossages
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Memmoch that would be really great if you could send those bits over to me, and i assure you if my computer explodes as a result of my meddlings I will not blame you.

you are too kind cheers

Sossages.
Old 03-05-2001, 09:34 AM   #18
sossages
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Ridly81:
If it's any help i'm pretty sure you'll need the infinity explorer program you can get it from teambg or wherever.

Thanks Ridly81,

I have downloaded all those infinity explorer nibblies so hopefully i
should be set up.

soosages

Old 03-05-2001, 10:47 AM   #19
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by sossages:
Thanks Memmoch that would be really great if you could send those bits over to me, and i assure you if my computer explodes as a result of my meddlings I will not blame you.

you are too kind cheers

Sossages.
Nah, little chance of that happening
I just sent it to you. It's by Drizzt, remember to give him some credit
I've just had some unpleasant email from some people who start editing their 2DA files willy nilly after receiving these instructions and not reading them.
If you back up your original 2DA files, if you have any problems just undo all your changes using the originals as references. Good luck.

------------------
Old 03-05-2001, 12:07 PM   #20
Aurican
Elminster

For those having problems getting on Teambg's website I found that when I was using Netscape it wouldn't load, but if I used Internet Explorer it would load, turns out it needs IE to load, I don't know if that applies to your guys but I';d give it a try.

------------------
Can an elf get a break anywhere these days?