Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 01-20-2004, 01:36 AM   #1
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Nessie killed my last party ( unbelievable with Lvl 17 after 31 turns ) so I'm on my way to start a new game. I want to start again without magic users but this time I'll use cursed weapons ( I want to create a Lizardman Rogue with Bloodlust/Thieves Dagger to get Powerstrike early ).

But now my question : Later you can get good cursed items ( f.e. Raven's Bill etc. ) The Remove Curse Scroll is Lvl 6. Has anyone found out what cursed items cannot be removed with that scroll ?

The well in Braffit's room can restore drained HP and cure disease. Can it also remove curses ? I don't know how many charges this well has so maybe someone can help me.

Thanks

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:45 AM   #2
Holywhippet
Dungeon Master

Can non-magic users even use the remove curse scroll? Can't say I've ever tried. You'll be very hard pressed to win without a single magic user. You won't have anything to block spells with which could leave your entire party paralysed/fireballed etc. I wouldn't think that the well Braffit has removes curses and I don't think it works many times either.
Holywhippet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 07:04 AM   #3
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

They can use it with the Artifact skill. I have a bard and a gadgeteer. That gives me the necessary protection ( Armorplate, Magic Screen, X-Ray etc. )
With Artifact skill I can also use Missile Shield scrolls, Enchanted Blade scrolls and all the others. I already finished such a game ( with 2 NPC ) and without Cursed Weapons.
After my first try without NPC's failed ( as mentioned Nessie 'swallowed' me to pieces [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img] ) I'll try a new start again without NPC but this time with cursed weapons . Remove Curse Lvl 6 seems high enough to remove most of the cursed weapons but who knows ? Maybe there's a limit.

[img]graemlins/monster5.gif[/img]
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 09:35 AM   #4
ferro287
Manshoon

If you have a savegame with the raven's bill you can check ofc. Just cast, and look at the mana spent (or check verbose, and see it directly). I checked for staff of doom (5) and bloodlust (2).
ferro287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I've finished the game without any magic at all, even no Bard or Gad.

Braffit's puddle is good for one use (whole party) per 24 hours.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote