Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2001, 06:31 PM   #1
Worm
The Magister

Anyone have a program reccomendation to get the white out?
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 08:22 AM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Alas poor Worm, you are gone.
Rules are in place, not to restrict us from having fun, but to promote true enjoyment and good, clean times.

There are other forums that will enjoy your sick humor, but we cannot allow that here, for we do not seek after humor of that nature.

Why are we the best site on the net, getting an average of 1/2 a million hits per day?
Because of our politeness to newcomers, quality of interaction in discussions, and the Moderators that help keep it that way.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-17-2001).]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 09:06 AM   #3
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
our politeness to newcomers, quality of interaction in discussions, and the Moderators that help keep it that way.
Hear Hear!

Granted, I *did* snicker at that sig file though, it's good that you removed it. This is definitely not the place for that kind of humor.

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 07-17-2001).]
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:37 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Hmm. I didn't see it here, but it must've been bad for Ziroc to yank him so quickly.

What a shame, another member lost through their own stupidity. This one a former "blueboard" member, too.

OK, keep moving, nothing more to see here.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 07-17-2001).]
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:44 AM   #5
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Hmm. I didn't see it here, but it must've been bad for Ziroc to yank him so quickly.
It was...unique

Righto, officer O'Reilly. I'll be seeing me-self home a-gain
Waluin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 11:41 PM   #6
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Tonight on "Censor for Hire": Censor seems to be in deep SHITE after noticing two Golems doing the magical humpty (or is that the elemental twister?)

MEM it was hysterical - and it is still (to a limited degree) on the post "cleric/mage soloable" just below here in TOB. MUCH funnier than Larry's SHITE list (which if your into censorship as some are - needs to have one of those SHITE's altered to include its "e".) - and I did think Larry's list was funny.

However I also think its funny that Larry uses a VERY thinly veiled 4 letter word (over and over again) as humor and has the stones to say what he has said here. Ah, perception is everything isn't it? Whats funny to some is foul to others, though ultimatly it only really matters to those that wield power.

Censor on dude!

ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 08:48 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

You are talking about somebody else.
I do not have a Shite list.
I do not use a thinly veiled 4 letter word.
Accusations should not be made without evidence.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 01:22 PM   #8
ScottG
Drow Warrior

My apologies Larry, you see I did have evidence - it was simply incorrect (it was from a Charlie, not a Larry).

(I guess your stones are fully intact despite the high-horse you ride on.)

Really though, my statment was more of "rib" at censorship on this forum and the incongruity I pointed out. It was just another bale on the camel's back to have you state what "true enjoyment" is and what "good clean times" are (usually the first few things out of a censor's mouth). Additionally the forum is composed of a lot of members - the mantle of "we" is highly inappropriate - if you were one of the moderators it might have been appropriate if you had said; "we, the moderators of this forum".

ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 10:07 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ScottG:

...despite the high-horse you ride on.
That is a cute accusation.

Quote:
Really though, my statment was more of "rib" at censorship on this forum and the incongruity I pointed out. It was just another bale on the camel's back to have you state what "true enjoyment" is and what "good clean times" are (usually the first few things out of a censor's mouth). Additionally the forum is composed of a lot of members - the mantle of "we" is highly inappropriate - if you were one of the moderators it might have been appropriate if you had said; "we, the moderators of this forum".
Although I do not need to explain myself to anyone, I shall bless your life and others with this knowledge.
When a newcomer joins this site, the rules must be read and understood. When I saw the picture in question, I knew that somebody was eventually going to see it, and complain about it. I e-mailed Ziroc after I warned Worm about it. I asked Ziroc to look at the picture and determine if it is what he wants on his site. Obviously, Ziroc was not pleased with the picture. He did not delete Worm's account because of me. He did it because he is the owner of this site, and he can.
So, why do you still insult me?
What did I do, other than follow the rules?
There is no malicious censorship involved here.

Quote:

Do not ignore these rules.............Terms of Service
Read them before you click 'yes'

Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from abusive or hateful language, while cussing isn't censored, please don't direct the words towards someone in a hateful or demeaning way.

Be Nice: No posting of material that antagonizes, harasses or creates hostility toward another user or group of.
Maybe some women on this board could say that the pic was a form of sexual harassment.
Maybe there is a guy who is gay on this forum that would be offended that we would make fun of his life-style.

I don't know...there's a million excuses that one could come up with.

Ziroc does not want to deal with everybody's every little problem.
I am sure he has more important things to do.
Therefore, we need to help him by doing as he has indicated in his guidelines for operation of this site.
He will step in if he need to.

------------------

Old 07-18-2001, 11:58 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Let's all use commonsense here. I have since seen that picture and amusing though it may have been to young minds it was not appropriate material for this board. Sometimes the funniest things are the most inappropriate ones. Sexual allusions etc fall in this category. This is a gaming board and you need to draw the line somewhere.

We are less concerned with swearing, and we don't censor people for that. We do expect people to act with a bit of maturity and use good judgment, just as you would in public mixed company.

------------------
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote