Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2001, 10:15 AM   #1
w6u6f
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry to ask this and possibly someone will say "Search the forum for *keyword*"
but, I actually looked and could not find the answer.

I want to make a party with all six of the characters, characters that I have made. I hope that someone has made a cheat program for this. Or maybe it isn't even a cheat.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-17-2001, 10:21 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

First, set up your internet connection.

If you're reading this, then it's up already.

Select the Multiplayer option, select Serial connection, create game, import or create your 6 characters, start the game, save, copy the MSave game folder to your single-player Save folder.

You can now play it as if it was a single-player game.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

Old 06-17-2001, 11:20 AM   #3
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Its not a cheat program. Its just a function in the game. What you will basically do is set up a multiplayer game with 6 characters, but you will play them all yourself.
You don't need to connect to the internet, you don't need to connect to a gaming site like GameSPy, you only need your basic baldur's gate.

Go to multiplayer game.
Set up a connection link. usually checking serial works.
go to create game
go to new game

It will come up with 6 character slots. Click on the slots one at a time, it will then ask you to create a character. At this point you can create your character you want in that slot, or if you have one already you can IMPORT him into it.
Once you have all 6 characters in, you want to click on the 6 CHECK MARKS next to each character, then click DONE at the bottom, and your off to your game.

To access a game already saved with your characters, again, go to multiplayer, then create game, it will have a LOAD SAVED GAME function there. Load in your game and continue playing. Easy as pie

Solo games and multiplayer games save in different areas, so you can't mix up the 2 types of games.
Have fun.
P.S. I suggest only playing 4 or 5 of your own characters leaving room for a NPC or 2. This way you can play the NPC quests along with playing your own characters.