Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2006, 03:13 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I know that mostly only the U.S. has it, but Happy Halloween to those who celebrate it! Anyone have any special plans? Costume parties? Going trick-or-treating? Giving out candy at home?

I'll be giving out candy later on tonight. We usually get a big crowd too so I have to buy a LOT of candy. Now and then though we get a skimpy crowd and I end up with all that candy LOL. It's different every year so no tellin. This year the weather is really mild so I'm thinking we should get a decent crowd. Hopefully they will all dress up as something. Gets on my nerves when they don't even bother to dress up, or kids trick-or-treat when I know they gotta be 17 or older, which is too old dangit!

Either way, this time around I made extra sure to buy only candy that *I* like, so if there are leftovers I'll actually be kinda glad LOL. Will also be the first Halloween spent snacking on candy instead of chain smoking, yay! (I quit over 2 months ago btw).

So what are your plans for tonight?

Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:14 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Happy Haloween to you too! I'm jsut trying not to get egged.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I'll put on the micheal myers mask and scare the hell outta some folks.. [img]smile.gif[/img] Give out candy and then jump into World of Warcraft around 9pm EST of Argent Dawn in Duskwood for a huge party [img]smile.gif[/img]

And DVR "House". [img]smile.gif[/img] Love that show.

Happy Halloween!

PS: My Mod has decorated up for Halloween too! Loads of decorations and stuff.. Will last till Nov 10th.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:33 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's my son's birthday, so in addition to the normal trick-or-treating, we're having a couple of friends over. He already had a special breakfast (bowl of ice cream - his choice [img]smile.gif[/img] ), special lunch (Lunchable, his favorite), and will get a special dinner (McDonald's, I assume... ugh).

Then candy, going house to house, and other fun. We'll have a fire in the fireplace and another in the chiminea on the front porch.

I'm dressed up as Scooter, a garage guy. Only problem... it's hard to tell it's a costume [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Eventually I'll do some gaming, change the IW Trivia contest category, and get to sleep [img]graemlins/sleeping.gif[/img]

*edit* Forgot to add congrats on kicking the habit, LadyZ! Way to go!

[ 10-31-2006, 03:34 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Happy Halloween to you too! As you know, I'll be handing out candy all evening too.

It's so cool you've go the snacking to do and not the smoking, LZ! I think it's amazing and wonderful you've done the 2 months+ !!

Geez, I haven't had too many try to trick or treat without costumes, but a few do it just about every year... go figure!

Happy Birthday to your little one, Bungleau! Hehe...sounds like he's having all his 'favorites' today because they aren't on his daily list of 'ok' stuff.
Old 10-31-2006, 03:49 PM   #6
Marathon
Elminster

I love Halloween! Now that my girl is old enough to trick or treat it's possibly my favorite holiday. My wife will be staying home to pass out candy with our newborn (dressed as a pumpkin) and I'm taking out my girl for a candy grabbing blitz. She's Dorothy (we are in Kansas, after all) and I'll be in my customary Jack Lambert costume.

Picture of my girl...

[ 10-31-2006, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Marathon ]
Marathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 03:57 PM   #7
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
I'll be handing out candy tonight. We usually don't get very many kids because we the neighborhood we live in is small houses, and most don't have kids. We usually get a few though.

I'll admit that I was one who didn't want to dress up as I got older. In junior high, I would have preferred not to go out at all, but my Mom wanted me to go with my little sister. One year I dressed up as a paperboy (which I actually was--which got me extra candy when my customers recognized me). The other year I was trying to come up with a minimal effort costume, and it ended up being my scariest ever. I wore a suitcoat and tie, and used masking tape to spell out "IRS" on a backgammon briefcase. That was the only year I actually had adults screaming in fear and slamming the door shut [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img]
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 04:10 PM   #8
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I love Halloween! There will be a real nice moon out tonight as well which is an added plus. I'll be handing out treats. Everyone stay safe.

[ 10-31-2006, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:04 PM   #9
Arvon
Unicorn

I live out in the sticks, we don't have much Halloween here.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2006, 06:43 PM   #10
Captain Obvious
Elminster

Penguin Bashing Champion Simon Champion Snakeman Champion
WE dont really do halloween here - but a lot of shops are trying to make money out of it, so it may take off in a few years.

So, it was unsuprising that no one knocked on our door (i even had some rotten eggs ready to give them a Trick!)

It is funny at the moment, you can buy stuff for Halloween, Guy Fawkes and Christmas all at the same time, at the same shop - talk about overload!

Enjoy your halloween people!