Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-11-2003, 06:31 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Topic.

I know using camera is an option but surely there are better ways of taking screenshots from television? any help?

thanks.
Old 02-11-2003, 07:18 AM   #2
lethoso
Manshoon

either use a tv tuner card, or get a video card with vivo and use a tuner like a vcr to send the tv signal into your computer...
Old 02-11-2003, 07:47 AM   #3
Borvik
Drow Warrior

Since you already runined the gag by mentioning the camera, here's anotherone:

Get yourself a shotgun, position yourself in front of your TV-set with your favourite program tuned in and .... [img]graemlins/shooter07.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2003, 08:06 AM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I use This, Heres the PC version

They advertise it as a quick and easy way to hook your camera to your PC but you can hook your VCR's output to it, Game Systems, Anything... Video and audio straight to your computer... heck, even hook your computers speaker cord to it and have it rip songs from itself for all I care! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

just plug AV and audio into it And start recording, use it to rip DVDs, X box game footage, anything but 64 bit consoles like the N64 and Sega Saturn, I can't seem to get those to work, the newer consoles like gamecube and stuff work tho, just take a look at some of the stuff i've captured:
The Ending theme from the akira DVD

My Character from PSO (would make a neat IWs rank if touched up [img]tongue.gif[/img] Level 200 Uber Munchkin heh...

Some Scenes from Halo

The lvl200 UberMunchkin on a picknick with giant rocket-launching hands

Segment of a much larger video clip taken from Trigun with the USB capture bus, animated in a gif animator and made to appear like it was looping with a little artistic sense:

And another...

Super Sized-Down Movie fromt he Superbowl

UberMunchkin again with new paint job running in a circle

Hope that helps...
Old 02-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #5
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

thanks, looks like I'll be going to the computer shop in a few days.