Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-15-2001, 04:01 PM   #1
Malachi the Just
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What are your favorite and least favorite things in ToB and SoA?

Me, I like the Holy Avenger, love the Boots of Speed...

I hate it when I get "who summons Chan, Prince of Air?" This guy pisses me off with his stupid globe of blades. I've killed myself more than once with that, and have had him turn other summons against me.

I also liked the beholder (spectator?) in the Drow Bhaalspawns base, and those three adventurers that you meet in Abazigal's caves, who do the reload thing.

What items, spells, summons... are your favorites?
Malachi the Just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I used to like the boots of speed untill I found out they didn't acctually make you hit more often (what a waste). Just become an Oil of Speed Junkie.

Gargoyle boots are very nice for non-mages.
Axe of the Unyielding +5 is really nice, great regenerative properties & when combined with Gaxx ring makes you just about unstoppable. (Blackrazor's abilities never really seemed to be working properly - paticularly the regeneration.)

minor spoilers
I really liked the Spectator too, as well as the Cambion in the Keep.

I really hated Melisann's voice (she wasn't to easy on the eyes either), also her char. was a transparent as optical glass.
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 07:29 PM   #3
Malachi the Just
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cespaner is cool the first time that you talk to him, but he gets annoying after you've gone through him 20 times. I must have burned 250k gold on him...
Malachi the Just is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 08:22 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

I love Spectator too And Caspenar (Ooo, shiny ones!)
And I HATE Nalia's aunt!
Holy avenger and Boots of Speed are my favorites, of course, and Celestial Fury and Gaxx ring, and White Dragon Armor, and those containers for arrows and potions, and Cloack of Mirroring
I do not like to be level drained , and hate those Marileths (sp?), and... most of all I do not like the fact that the whole game is ended. It was such a magnificent story- all the way from Candlekeep! Can't believe it is over!
I desperately wish to continue adventures with my beloved NPCs... Well, I guess, it is not like BG3 will be coming...

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins

[This message has been edited by Tananda (edited 07-15-2001).]
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2001, 10:12 PM   #5
Worm
The Magister

.POSSIBLE SPOILERS
I really like the spectator he is kind of cool. I also like time stop but one thing I don't like is that your in a whole new land with TOB I liked TOTSC were it kept you around baldurs gate.

------------------
Worm, About as interesting as traveling with an angery cambion.
Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2001, 04:16 AM   #6
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

i just LOVE the boots of speed. and the Use any item ability mixed with the White Dragon chain, and the +5 sword that gives you 22 STR (i forget what its called), the Short Sword of Mask, the Bladeslinger Chain+5 upgraded, Whirlwind Attack, and Elemental Summoning

i absolutely HATE Mariliths, Magic Golems, Succubi, Sirines, Nalia, Minsc, the Heart Seal enemies in Watchers, bad ale, and pretty much every other enemy in the game.

------------------
Proud member of the HADB. And remember, when you're thinking of giant heads, why not think of the Big Giant Head?
SSJ4Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2001, 03:09 PM   #7
Redblueflare
Galvatron

I like the boots of speed, (They do double the amount of attacks.) Equalizer, when it works, all of the girdles of giant strength, Timestop, Bigby's crushing hand, dragons breath, comet, critical strike, dragons, the spectator, Minsc, Jaheria, Viconia, Amnoen, Sarevock, and Imoen. I hate liches, demon knights, vampires, (Anything that does level drain,) dire charm, symbol stun, demons, quintuple backstabs, (When i'm not using them,) Nalia, Edwin, Beholders, and demiliches.

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Redblueflare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 07:08 AM   #8
UnForGiven
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Theres so many things I loved about the BG series, so I'll just say some of the things I hate.

Mindflayers and beholders. In SoA, they REALLY pissed me off, gave me ALOT of trouble. In ToB on the other hand, they weren't so bad, but hey.

Anything Vampiric. I HATE getting level drained, I HATE IT!

Maraliths. What can I say, if I had of known a simple dispel magic spell would do the trick, I would have found them alot less irritating, but I only found it out in later stages, so..

Imprisonment and maze. Grrr, when that demoliche imprisoned my party members, that pissed me off bad. Maze is also a shocker.

Demogorgan. It was stupid looking, it kept summoning monsters, and it killed me alot.

Timestop(enemies casting it anyways). Man, whenever an enemy casts timestop, I just crossed my fingers and hoped it wouldn't cast something like wail of the banshee afterwards(which reminds me..). Theres NOTHING you can do to combat timestop, after all, your motionless.

Wail of the Banshee. Didn't help me at all when I tried to use it, but it seemed to help the enemy quite alot in SoA.

That'll do. Even with all these annoyances, the game was still the second best game I've ever played in my life(second only to BG1).

Cheers,

------------------
so i dub thee UnForGiven...
UnForGiven is offline   Reply With Quote