Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-22-2003, 08:09 PM   #31
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

well my friend blew a bunch of the money on herself and her baby. she made him take her out to do it. tonight she says she will give him one of three "no getting mad" chances to clear up any other lies. she took the email account that he used to talk to the ex g/f and changed the password. she told the girl the best thing for her is to leave him alone. the girl was not interested in him and it was obvious to all of us (her group of friend) that she was truthful, she was not interested in him.

as far as her check being money to blow, it wasn't just for her to blow but for the whole family to get things that his check didn;t cover. things they wanted, not necassarily needed. but he watched yesterday as she flew through k-mart and got $27 jeans, and a hair krimper, and toys for the kiddo, expensive diapers, and wipes (they usually spend cheap.) but she saved money for dinner, for gas, for the phone bill, for her birthcontrol, etc. she spent alot but she still managed to do what needed doing. she tried her best to show her husband how to have a shopping spree and pay bills at the same time.

they gamed with us last night and when he thought no one was looking he played with her hair and held her hand, got her drinks and made baby bottles. i think he is trying, but i also think she is taking ot heart a lot of your advice. i gave her the link tot he thread so she can check in on it. she really appreciates it. she thinks it's too soon for lawyers, but time to go back to the minister they had been seeing.

well i better run, i gotta cook dinner sooner or later! byes
Old 02-22-2003, 09:23 PM   #32
Animal
Gold Dragon

Well, I think a family therapist or marriage counsellor could probably provide better advice than most, and that would be my suggestion.
It sounds to me like this dude is unhappy with his current situation, being that he has no desire to spend money on his wife, and flirting with someone else.
But like, I said I'm not qualified to give anyone advice on a subject such as this. Tell her to seek proffessional assistance.
Old 02-23-2003, 02:06 AM   #33
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I wish her all the best, Rev! Sounds like they may be able to at least work on their marriage and the problems. I'd still advise caution...the part about her husband lying to an old gf about being married.... well, that would really bother me! It's a red flag, I think.

Good that they may go back to see someone who's helped before, I hope it works for them!