Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-30-2002, 05:21 PM   #1
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

We took the kids and my parents to see the "Santa Clause 2: The MRS. Clause" yesterday, and it was great. I know there is a forum to deal with movies, but I'm less interested in the movie itself than the fact it was something the whole family could enjoy.

There are very few movies I'd be comfortable taking my whole crew to these days. My little girl is 4, my son is 14, my wife and I are in our 30s, and my parents are nearing 60, so the fact that we all truly enjoyed it was amazing. We've been to other movies were some of us just kind of "suffered through" for the sake of the others, but all of us liking SC2 was something special.

Yes, it was cliche and cheesy, but it was funny and touching at the same time. It was a great part of the day on the town with "the crew". If your looking for something for the whole family, this is the one this holiday season. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2002, 05:26 PM   #2
Slizerio

A Tim Allen movie? Touching Ha-HA! Good-one!

Old 11-30-2002, 05:31 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Tim did have to be shown holding tools and tweaking at least one vehicle...lol.
Old 11-30-2002, 05:46 PM   #4
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Yes movies such as that are quite hard to find indeed...

Disney doesn't seem able to live up to it's bargain these days, rehashing old things that they've already done and making them more kid-oriented seems to be on the rise. It's sad really. At least Tim Allen can change those things. He's a great commedian,

"now all we need is a movie that targets all demographics while also starring Eminem, Hulk Hogan, Carrot Top, Alf, Bill Murrey, and Tom hanks in a big Science Fiction / Fantasy / Fiction film that lasts 4 hours and has 8 sequels! It could also guest star Sadam Husein, Fidel Kastro, the Pope, Bush Jr. and Senior, and Bill Clinton! Yeap! They could call it... Porkeys!"

- Saturday Night Live
Old 11-30-2002, 05:49 PM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
"now all we need is a movie that targets all demographics while also starring Eminem, Hulk Hogan, Carrot Top, Alf, Bill Murrey, and Tom hanks in a big Science Fiction / Fantasy / Fiction film that lasts 4 hours and has 8 sequels! It could also guest star Sadam Husein, Fidel Kastro, the Pope, Bush Jr. and Senior, and Bill Clinton! Yeap! They could call it... Porkeys!"

- Saturday Night Live
I'd be willing to buy an advance ticket, the soundtrack, and to pre-order the DVD for that one!

[ 11-30-2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-30-2002, 06:00 PM   #6
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My four year old son's day school took the whole class to see it. Will said it was great.
Old 11-30-2002, 07:19 PM   #7
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
We took the kids and my parents to see the "Santa Clause 2: The MRS. Clause" yesterday, and it was great. I know there is a forum to deal with movies, but I'm less interested in the movie itself than the fact it was something the whole family could enjoy.

If your looking for something for the whole family, this is the one this holiday season. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
]
Thanx for the recommend Ronn. We went to harrypotter2 last weekend, and while it was a great movie, there were several kids that were just too little to be in there, as their crying attested when the dolbyTHX sound system (guaranteed to loosen dentures, fillings, and earwax!) really kicked in during the monster fight scenes.

I will be taking Amanda to it next week, then, had planned on just waiting for the video.

Amanda, Kyleia, and Kathleen\'s Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official procrastinator of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
unOfficial Homeopathic Quacktitioner of the IW Realm
Old 11-30-2002, 07:38 PM   #8
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

I haven't seen the new one, but I think the first HP was definately a great movie for the family!

Unfortunately, my mom is one of those who wouldn't go to see HP to save her life. I don't get it, but she's entitled to her opinion. I just hate for us to miss out on enjoying it together.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:19 AM   #9
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

I'm glad the sequal sounds as good as the original! My family watched the first "Santa Clause" after Thanksgiving dinner. It's a rare find when a movie can be enjoyed by 4 generations!
Going to take my son to see "Harry Potter 2" tomorrow. He'll probably have his hands over his ears for 1/2 the movie. LOL! He always does that, except when we saw "Spirit". He said he liked the music in that one because it wasn't as loud.