Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2002, 12:40 PM   #1
Bill26
Dungeon Master

I've seen this posted but couldn't find it. After going to Adalon and entering the Drow city, everyone is hostile. I am forced to fight everyone. I have TOB installed with current patch(26498) and fixpack(112). Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Bill26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:46 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the Ironworks Forums, Bill26.

Quick question, how did you talk to the Drow Guard at the entrance?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:49 PM   #3
philip
Galvatron

I think you chose the wrong dialogue option. When you come near the entrance to Drow city someone asks who you are. You have 2 options to say that you're Veldrin:

1. I'm Veldrin and I'm a patrol from the other city.
2. something like : I'm your humble Veldrin at your service.

The second one isn't drow-like (Drow are proud, cruel etc and not humble) so the guard knows you're not Drow and turn hostile. If you choose the other option he won't turn hostile.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 12:58 PM   #4
Bill26
Dungeon Master

I was cocky, but I did try all three choices (the other two didn't seem to be right). I have also replayed the underdark so that the only drow I encountered were at the imprisonment sphere and the war patrol at the bridge. No exit or beholder lair.

On one try I talked to Adalon immediately after the illusion and she said I've turned the drow against me and she could help me no more, but that was before patches.

[ 07-30-2002, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Bill26 ]
Old 07-30-2002, 01:04 PM   #5
philip
Galvatron

Stupid question... but are you turned into drow?

Quote:
originally posted by bill26

I have also replayed the underdark so that the only drow I encountered were at the imprisonment sphere and the war patrol at the bridge. No exit or beholder lair.

It doesn't matter how much drow you kill before entering drow city. They won't recognise you when you turned in a drow.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
Bill26
Dungeon Master

Yes, I am drow. I checked each portrait to make sure. I even removed magic resistance before illusion just in case. Some more information.

I am playing a multiplayer game by myself. I did play a single player game past this point before TOB was installed. I would rather not remove TOB as my party is smaller and has gained more experience as a result.
Old 07-30-2002, 01:25 PM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... the proper sequence is as follows.

1) Talk to Adalon, agree to help her and let her disguise you as Drow.

2) Go to the entrance and declare yourself with confidence to be Veldrin.

3) Proceed immediately to the Male Fighter Society.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 09:10 AM   #8
Bill26
Dungeon Master

That is what I did, but the drow right inside are hostile before anything else happens. I just wish I had applied the patches before the underdark because I don't have a save before then. I'll try starting over.
Old 07-31-2002, 10:52 AM   #9
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill26:
That is what I did, but the drow right inside are hostile before anything else happens. I just wish I had applied the patches before the underdark because I don't have a save before then. I'll try starting over.
try bullying the male if you are female, something like "get out of my way, snivelling dog!"

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote