Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2002, 02:17 PM   #1
Rolper
Dungeon Master

I'm in the process of trying to aquire all the strongholds by swapping my main char at load time (load/del/cre/import).
I have completed the "eye" quest and want my priests (of Helm, of Lathander, of Talos) to join thier respective cults b4 reporting to the Helm... but no one has "invited" them.. how do I get offered a membership in any one of the cults?
Rolper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2002, 02:25 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I think you get invited later, after completing the eyless cult quest, and some other too.

Finishing the Eyeless cult quest should probably get you invited in helm's church. After this quest, you get asked to help lathander's church. THat would probably get you invited in the church. I don't know about talos.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:45 PM   #3
Rolper
Dungeon Master

I was wondering that but when you talk to the head guy at the Temple of Helm and get your reward he says something like "you are not of us ... if you were the rewards would be greater..." I left the group standing outside the door so I can check get the exact words if you are interested.
Thanx

[ 03-24-2002, 02:46 PM: Message edited by: Rolper ]
Old 03-24-2002, 02:48 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Then start a new game as a priest, then go see gaylen bayle. He always give you some hint of what quest you need to do to get your stronghold.
Old 03-24-2002, 02:54 PM   #5
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I think I might know what is your problem. Some people won't give you a stronghold if you already have one. Nalia and Lavok will always give you their stronghold, but not all the others do. Maybe the priest don't. Try a new game as a priest to test.
Old 03-24-2002, 07:26 PM   #6
Rolper
Dungeon Master

Went to a single player start that I had and talked to the thief but he was no help so I went to the Temple Dist. no help, CLUA'd Acolyte1,2 and 3 they told about thier cults but never asked anyone to join! ARRRGH!
Old 03-24-2002, 07:50 PM   #7
Encard
Quintesson

Hmm... not really sure... trying Luvian's suggestion would probably be a good idea, though... if you want, you could probably just make a cleric main char, level him to max/equip him with cheats/SK, the use instant kill and instant heal cheats to get you through the quest faster so that you can see whther or not Luvian's right... *shrug*
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2002, 01:19 AM   #8
Rolper
Dungeon Master

I found the problem...
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
The line "PLAYERHASSTRONGHOLD" had to be deleted from the global (SK).
I tried all kinds of stuff b4 this because at this point the grp was dealing with a play
production and a keep (2 strongholds already now 3) and didn't think that line was a problem, almost too simple, but I don't see any way to get more than one priest stronghold as it is based on who you get the "Eye" quest from. Thief Guild next!