Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-11-2001, 07:29 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Deathwing123:
Alright if anyone is able to, I was wondering if someone could make a +5 longsword for me called Kingslayer with these bounes: heals 1 hp every 5 seconds, 50% resistance to physical attacks, 25 % chance that 5 levels are drained which heals user by 50 hp, 5% chance of death,3 times a day can cast firestorm, +5 acid damage each hit and posion 1 hp every second for 30 seconds (save v.s half)each hit.speed factor 0. If you can please e-mail me at millsy_56@hotmail.com
Just wondering...have you ever tried using IEEP, Deathwing? The weapon you described above is very straightforward to make. It has 5 Item Effects and 2 Equipping Effects (unless you want it to glow or something). This is how I would do it:

1. Use Blackrazor as the template as it already has the level drain effect.
2. First Item Header will have the following Item Effects:
- level drain (just modify the existing effect in Blackrazor)
- instant death (get the relevant effect codes from the Silver Sword)
- acid damage (this will be a Fixed/Random Damage Item Effect)
- poison (check a similar poison item for the Item Effect)
3. Second Item Header will have the Cast Firestorm effect.
4. The Equipped Effects will be the regeneration and resistance effects.
5. Change the weapon speed and enchantment factors to 0 and +5.

Done!

------------------
Old 06-11-2001, 10:11 AM   #12
joetbd
Manshoon

Deathwing123 - "I was wondering if someone could make a +5 longsword "

Sundee Slaytern - "I rather use what's in the game and gain satisfaction that I did it, the legal way."

Legal? This isn't a matter of law, its a game. The designers made the game one way, and this person wants to play another. No big deal. Not everyone enjoys every game, as writen.

If they play, using a Custom +5 long sword, how does that hurt you?

sunder - "just take the sword and compare it to the Paladin +5 holy avenger"

Thats the general rule of thumb I use. Dont use a weapon that is better than anything already in the game, in order to keep the balance. But I also have been know to have fun, with a staff of Infinite fireballs.

Old 06-11-2001, 01:39 PM   #13
Leagle
Manshoon

He meant: "The leagle way."