Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-29-2001, 04:21 PM   #11
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
WARNING BEWARE!!!!!!! DO NOT INSTALL THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a bug in the installer that forces the game to be loaded to the default directory no matter what you enter when it asks where to load the game

BUT!!!!!!! the worst part is

THE UNINSTALLER HAS A FATAL FLAW IN IT THAT WIPES OUT YOUR ENTIRE SYSTEM IF YOU USE THE UNINSTALLER TO REMOVE THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to top things off, since the Installer resides solely on the CD there is no way to have it patched so short of them replacing that CD there is going to have to be some down loadable installer that you will have to hang on to forever!!!!!! Very bad start to this game!!!

Yeah, that is totally f'ed up.. you would THINK they would have found THAT bug.. I had a small querk during install--I changed the default dir to MY choice, but it still installed it to their default dir..

They could get sued for this.. but they are working on a patch.. my MOUSE seems kinda sluggish in-game, but other than that, it seems OK--I'll have a complete game review soon..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-29-2001, 08:18 PM   #12
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry: Screams joyfully, like a little pre-school girl...

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 09-29-2001, 08:36 PM   #13
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Z, way cool! Uh.. can you post when the bug patch is out and where to find it? I've no intention of buying/loading a game that messes w/my pc til I have a fix for it!

Sounds incredibly good, though and the only D&D rules book I've ever purchased is the 3rd edition! Now.. if only I had time to learn it all. Sigh..

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-29-2001, 09:46 PM   #14
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Yay finally it has come! Unfortunately I won't be able to buy or play it for awhile. My dad is being really mean. *sigh*

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.
Old 09-30-2001, 01:31 AM   #15
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Haven't seen it in my store yet so I'm gonna wait for word the patch is out before I buy it, i think!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 10-02-2001, 06:43 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Not out here until 16th November.
Can anyone explain why we have to wait so much longer in Europe?

That bug sounds pretty major - but I guess it's OK if you don't mind it being in the default directory and don't try to use the built in uninstaller? Would using 'remove program' from your control panel also **** up your PC?
Hopefully they will have it fixed by the time it is released here, but in my experience, that is a vain hope - they usually appear here with all the original bugs with some new ones thrown in for fun.

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."