Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2002, 09:31 PM   #1
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I heard about this on the news tonight! This could have been bad if it turns out to be true!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/804875.asp?0dm=C12ON#BODY

Old 09-11-2002, 09:55 PM   #2
Moni

Don't you think though that in the events that have unfolded over the last year that we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of terrorist acts being commited on any day of the week, any day of the year, anywhere on American soil or in American ports?

Not to take awy from the urgency this latest event implies, just that we have to accept that we need to live in state of awareness now that we know for sure we are not invulnerable?

Old 09-12-2002, 01:53 PM   #3
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Don't you think though that in the events that have unfolded over the last year that we have to prepare ourselves for the possibility of terrorist acts being commited on any day of the week, any day of the year, anywhere on American soil or in American ports?

Not to take awy from the urgency this latest event implies, just that we have to accept that we need to live in state of awareness now that we know for sure we are not invulnerable?
Yes I do! I thought it was interesting that it happened yesterday of all days. I was reading further about this just a little while ago. It seems that it's the second time this ship has been ordered out of the harbor. The first time was because of paperwork. Then The Coast Guard heard strange noises and alerted a NEST Team. One of their instruments detected gamma and nuetron rays being emmitted. A good sign that there could be nuclear material on board. Another instrument detect nothing out of the ordinary. So everyone decided to play it safe and send the ship back out to sea til they could search the entire cargo. It's also interesting where all the ship had been prior to coming to New York. Read here. http://www.msnbc.com/news/807075.asp
Old 09-12-2002, 02:19 PM   #4
Moni

It will be interesting to see what they find! (or don't)
Thank you for the link and the update!

Old 09-12-2002, 02:36 PM   #5
MagiK

Yeah, I have been kind of watching this story too. Harbors will have to tighten their security and procedures a lot....of course living within 20 minutes of a Major Seaport makes me a just a wee bit nervouse

Old 09-12-2002, 04:56 PM   #6
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Here is an Update on this Story, seems like this story is not over. When they said that 'Officials declined to comment on the level of radiation', that means it is probably high. and this Ship was in Port in Egypt as well, before coming here:

Navy SEALs Inspecting Radioactive Ship Off New Jersey
http://foxnews.com/story/0,2933,62897,00.html

I'll keep an eye for further updates on this story.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 09-12-2002, 05:08 PM   #7
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

It make me nervouse because i am moving to a place in North Carolina where I am five miles from a nuclear power plant. some one hold me!!