Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 02:25 PM   #31
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Why is everyone dissing the ending? i mean its not as bad as BG2 you learn what happens to irenicus but not the bloody char youve played all the way thru with... at least you get told you will be famous and have many enemies... well i did anyways, remember its only a game and if you think it has faults, thats what EXPANSION'S are for [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Felizx
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 03:49 AM   #32
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well I have to say that I prefer NWN to baldurs gate 2 now, I like this engine better and the system. Though the expactations of this game made me actually thinking that it would be something more to it.

Currently I have to say that I´m still playing the game, and I enjoy it. OK, so the plot is a bit corny, sure thing I can live with that, bit I have also found alot of new things, new subplots plowing through the game trying different characters.

I have one problem though. In the single player campaign you should be able to roll your abilities or at least get more points since you are alone you need several skills to be able to finish the game in style. In a party based game you choose one character for every situation, here you manage all the talking and interaction. You want to get rid of traps, open chests, turn undeads, be able to kill everything with a vengance, cast spells etc etc, you can´t go teleporting in a fight back and forth.

So, you need better abilities to make up for some of the shortcommings your character has.

But I think this game in MP style would be awesome, preferably though on LAN so you can chat "live" with the ones you play with. Would be really cool. *sigh* broadband to the people!!

Well, I´m right now customizing alot of my own little side adventures with special items to use in the game. I have made elven "green shiny things of course" like bladesinger armour, and stuff like that and tried out in the game. So far, none of the items has overly upset the balance. Helps alot to have to wait until you are high enough level .

Working with the Aurora toolset actually gives another dimension to this game. By the way, anyone tried the dark rangers treasure? That is absolutely crap!!

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 09:13 AM   #33
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

i loved the bg2 ending, it made me weep during the speech that she gives in the hall to commemorate you as heros to the elven people.
and as for the video ending part, well i liked that too, i was expecting it since thats how baldurs gate 1 ended prety much.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 01:58 PM   #34
Silverquick
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have to agree,

This game just doesn't have it. I have never seen Bioware decide that gameplay was first and story and characters second before. Its almost like they decided Diablo 2 was better than their own gameplay style and so they decided to copy Blizzard.

Even the multiplayer is like that.

At least the toolset will allow you to make better adventures for those who are inclined to do it. So maybe it will have some value some day. But right now its really questionable as far as merit.

[ 09-14-2002, 03:00 PM: Message edited by: Silverquick ]
Silverquick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 03:06 PM   #35
The Xlord
Dungeon Master

I love NWN soooo much. The singleplayer is not that much, but the multiplayer is really good!

*hulk* I nearly began to love Aribeth... you can belive I was dissapointed when she betraied me...:'( I nearly began to cry! Screaming out "WHY ME?"

I also enjoyed smasjing little goblins with icestorms and fireballs too. yelling "LET'EM DIE, SUFFER YOU FOOLS and WHOHAHAHAHAHA.... BUUUURN!! YOU SMALL DEVILS!"

I give the multiplayer 8 out of 10 and the singleplayer 5 out of 10
and I'm really angry at the people who rate the whole game out of the singleplayer. The game was never intended to be a singleplayer game like bg!!!

I have spoken...
Old 09-15-2002, 11:53 PM   #36
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Only thing I am disappointed by in NWN is the graphics.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Scholarcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 08:28 AM   #37
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Hi there, sadly I tend to agree, nothing like as intelligent as BG1 or BG2. I'm still enjoying it I guess but not as much as I hoped.
Old 09-16-2002, 08:42 AM   #38
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

i didnt really play the game that much, got bored right away. I tried a bunch of characters but didnt enjoy the game. i didnt try online b-cuz i dont really like mmorpgs and i got bored right away w/ other rpgs like Diablo II and *sigh* Dungeon Siege. I never played either Baldurs Gate Game so I can't really compare it to NWN. besides I dont have much time for it, having lan partys every weekend w/ my friends.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:43 AM   #39
Suzaku
Drow Warrior

For those of you that praise and respect the MP, good for u, but what about those of us that still don't have internet to play over? (gasp). I post off the school's web, and can't play at home, so SP does count. It is an RPG after all...If u want MP only, go play Tribes2 or something of the works!
Old 09-16-2002, 05:35 PM   #40
Half-Saint
Welcomed New User

First of all the graphics... the game looks like Quake 2 in 3rd person. Everything's either brown or grey with a few white walls. So far I hate the city of Neverwinter.

Chapter one is also boring and predictable. As Fallen Paladin said, each district has lame enemies with a "student" mage or two. I reached level 5 before ending the first chapter.. too easy. And if everything's as Paladin says I don't think I'll make it to the end. I'll prolly die of boredom.

Compared to BG and BG2, the game's just too simplified and newbie friendly. The lack of weapon proficiencies is a good example IMHO. What else is there to add? Don't know really.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Cheers!
-saint
Half-Saint is offline   Reply With Quote