Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-04-2000, 02:58 PM   #1
irish

I am having problems with the quest items. The ones I bring back to the town work but when I need to give something to a npc I can never get them to accept it. I tried the amulet and the snake wand but had to kill the gypsy to get the orb. The samuri won't take the arrows and Jothil won't take the message. I talked to the samuri about the arrow and everything but still won't take the arrow. Same with the message. I have the items in inventory but sometimes they won't show up in the box in the left corner unil I take them from inventory and put them back. I used contol and left click on these people but still no luck. Any ideas would be apprecitated.

irish

Old 12-04-2000, 05:01 PM   #2
Davros
Takhisis Follower

So let's step through it slowly (sorry if this is painful and sounds overly simple, but you got a problem right). You have the item in the characters inventory. You select the character and the Use / Give button. This brings up your item list at the bottom. The default of the list is always to Use (highlighted in Blue). You left click on the list words to change this to Give. You scroll through the items till you get what you want, then you get up close (should have blue circle for mouse pointer) and left click on the NPC.

Is that a detailed description of what is failing?
Old 12-04-2000, 05:13 PM   #3
Mammawlin

Hi Irish, are you using the GIVE option or the USE Option? You should be able to GIVE the arrow to Torin without a problem - as well as the scroll to the wanderer. If you asked the gyspy about he orb, she should tell you if you bring her an item, she will give the orb to you - this worked for me.

God speed to you and your party!

Old 12-04-2000, 07:24 PM   #4
xenotoca

just one other point although I think the problem is that irish has not been selecting GIVE is that NPC`s inventorys can become full up. Torin will only take 4 arrows before it becomes so. You can ether trade items with the NPC or try and steal them (if you get caught cast a charm spell on them to make them friendly again.)

Old 12-04-2000, 08:33 PM   #5
irish

I guess what I needed was a simple explanation.
I was trying to click on the give and use words in the box in the lower left corner. I tried the button and it gave me the give option. I still have to take items out of the character's inventory and put them back occasionly to get them to show up in the use/give box. I can live with that though.
So thanks to your help I shall journey on.

irish