Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-08-2002, 05:59 PM   #1
Dyntheos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So ok I have a fighter with a sword and dagger and I pump dual weapons, BUT when I get to 50 close combat I don't get a second attack with my primary weapon! wtf is up with that?

If I drop the secondary weapon I DO get 2 attacks with my primary, So whats the point to Dual weapons??

I was under the assumption that you get a second attack with the second weapon and the trade off is no sheild and a lower attack rating on the primary weapon, yet if I don't get any extra attacks on the primary iam LOSING out when I get to 50 Close combat, as I don't get a second attack and have less damage using the secondary weapon as a second attack as against dropping the second weapon and getting 2 attacks with the primary.

AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE??

(very confused, and doesn't want to restart--again)
Dyntheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
ProtOplazm
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I don't know but if I read your post quickly enough 3 times in a row, I start to convulse. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Seriously though, someone here will be able to shed some light on it for you.

Good luck
ProtOplazm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:50 PM   #3
slowtrain
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Using a dual weapon combo lowers your actual weapon skill relative to your dual skill.

So:

If you had a 100 skill in dual weapons and a 50 in sword and dagger, you would suffer little, if any, penalty to your weapon skills.

But, if you have a 10 in dual and a 100 in sword and a 100 in dagger, you will suffer a huge penalty to your actual weapon skill.

Dual weapon is devasting once you get both the dual AND weapon skills high. Basically, it takes longer to develop, but its worth it.

The Samurai is great for dual because he gets a bonus to sword and can fight with a sword in each hand. So, for a samurai, sword increases super-fast while dual increases normally.

Lords/fighters are harder because they have to dual with a sword and dagger and split the weapon points between them.

<=ST
slowtrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 09:05 PM   #4
Dyntheos
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ah ok so problem here is that I have not pumped dagger?
Dyntheos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 03:45 AM   #5
judee
Dungeon Master

Yep, that's the prob. I too learned this the hard way with the first Lord I played.

Now when I play a Lord (or other dual wielder with two diff weapons) I always pump equal amounts into each. 3 dual, 3 sword, 3 dag to start, or 2,2,2 and leave a few points for other necessities.

judee
judee is offline   Reply With Quote