Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2001, 11:52 PM   #1
kaythen
Dungeon Master

The old stout talks about freyedies going crazy "just like ole brinbath" and when I killed him on my "destroyer" replay, it said (Stout guard freed from twisted master) for each guard in the room. The narrator went on a rant about a laughing voice that was happy that he died. Does anyone know if these things are linked? Or anything about that plot at all?
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:21 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

A lot of times, when you fight one of the NPC's, they "summon" other characters to help them, such as a "Summon Creatures" spell (3rd level Fiend). When the NPC who does this dies, the characters are freed from their summoning, which apparently is the same as "Twisted Master." I've noticed this occurred when S'Keser Da summoned some Boogre Grunts when my characters were fighting her for the "eye", and subsequently killed her, or when Kreug summoned some Temple Vipers to help him in the fight we had with him. Each one said something like "Temple Vipers freed from Twisted Master" or something like that.

So, I assume that Freyedies summoned some more Stout Guards to aid him.

As far as the demonic laughing goes, I have no idea (nor does anyone else, from what I've read). I can only imagine it's another one of those "loose threads" that was never tied in to the game in its rush to get it out the door. Maybe it's the ghost of Brinbath...what if Freyedies, in his ambition, decided to kill Brinbath?

A major discrepancy I noticed is that both Bilbump (the stout at the beginning of the game) and Erzebette claim that Brinbath committed suicide (burned himself up, probably in the Burning Cavern). Yet Freyedies, when asked, claims that Brinbath "took a dagger to the head." Quite a different death...suicide vs. murder. It made me suspicious of Freyedies to begin with...

Worth pondering over, maybe.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:30 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Or, it could be the ghost of Raskalion. Was Raskalion dead when you killed Freyedies? That would make sense...he hated Freyedies something fierce.

If he wasn't, then disregard that hypothesis.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2001, 10:36 AM   #4
kaythen
Dungeon Master

I hadn't killed him yet. I think it was as you said " Not finished plot twist to get the game out on time". Not related, Freyedies said that only a king could use krowakendon, but I was able to use it. I must be a king!
kaythen is offline   Reply With Quote