Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 07-28-2002, 09:57 AM   #1
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Packrat,
I just posted a long post to W&W2 thread. I got the Could not be found page & refreshed it 3 times. I eventually got the forums main page but my post was gone. Any ideas where I might be able to retrieve it.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:48 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Sorry, Kev, but it's gone. If you don't get the "taking you back..." page, the post didn't take. And if you can't find it, there's no other good way to search around in case it might be hiding.

What I do when my connection starts acting flakey is to copy my post and put it into wordpad. That way, if I have to start completely over, I don't have to remember all the wonderful (or not so wonderful!) words I wrote.

My sympathies

*B*
Minister, etc. (ret.)
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 03:07 AM   #3
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Thanks Bungleau, I asked Packrat because he was logged on but by the time I got back to the main page he was gone. The internet can get a bit dodgy from the wilds of rural Australia. Any message has to do the first 50km on the back of a Kangaroo. That's OK because roos are faster than my pc, unfortunatly they sometimes get hit by trucks. [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 09:17 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Well, Kev, if it makes you feel better, I run into the same problem periodically with a cable modem connection... 'cept around here, we don't rely on little joey for carrying the packets. Instead, it's Chippy the chipmunk, who resides in the vegetation outside my front door. Sometimes, he gets sidetracked by Mrs. Chippy, and network performance goes down. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 07-29-2002, 12:24 PM   #5
morningstar
The Magister

Hi Kev,
Sorry you lost your post, could you not redo it? Love the bit about the kangaroo, here it is echidnas (a bit prickly), wallabys and kookaburras! Anyway I finished the game at last!
Old 07-29-2002, 01:41 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Congrats on finishing the game, morningstar! Woohoo!
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.