Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2006, 09:15 AM   #11
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yeah, something like that is always fun. We have a crafting system implemented on my home server, and I crafted my rogue right out of his UMD score on a pretty good weapon, by not paying attention...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 08:40 AM   #12
bavvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ah well, maybe its a bug with my setup or soemthing, I seem to be doing the same as everyone else. I have HOTU arriving soon so maybe that will fix it... hopefully.

Thanks for helping everyone, i'll just carry a torch for a little while longer.
bavvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:24 AM   #13
Gimli
Emerald Dragon

Doesn't seem to work for me either, although I haven't tried the "right click the item" to start as an approach, maybe that will do it. Otherwise I was also getting the "not a valid object" type errors (was trying a fun little Halfling Cleric/Rogue in that game, with Expertise he was quite tough to hit).
Old 02-06-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
bavvo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Finally got it working! Had to install Hordes of the Underdark. Still makes no sense, but at least I have nice glowing armour now.

I have another question related to that though... does it mess up your stealth skills, I mean logically it should be hard to hide when glowing.... does the game take that into account?
bavvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #15
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

While it seems that it should, it really doesn't, which I think is more of a flaw than anything else.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:45 AM   #16
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by robertthebard:
While it seems that it should, it really doesn't, which I think is more of a flaw than anything else.
Are you sure? I think stealth skills are dependent on the light present, regardless whether the source of light is you or something outside. So carrying a torch or glowing item should affect it. I might be wrong here though...
Old 02-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #17
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

In actual experience, online playing, I've had chars slip up to me unnoticed in stealth mode, when I didn't have true seeing. When they came out of stealth, you could see the light on the armor/accessory, but before, you couldn't. The best test online is when it's dark outside, or when you are in a dark room.
Old 02-08-2006, 01:01 PM   #18
Legolas
Jack Burton

True, but that doesn't confirm or deny that it's easier to spot sneakers with a light source active. A penalty to the sneak skills or a bonus to the detection skills of the other party might be applied without your seeing it. The same holds true for area -specific bonusses on detection, and the Dodge feat AC bonus.
I know that a lightsource was intended to make hiding a touch harder unless it was (iirc) a dim light. Because it'd be a minor penalty (something in the order of -2) and the stealth detection rolls are hidden, I can't say for a fact they're properly implemented though.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote