Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-17-2002, 11:29 AM   #1
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

my school has started this buddy system last year whereby the senior 6th year students get paired with the new first yar students and act as confidants and friends in a sort of large and intimadating school, now i think this is definatly a good idea and if i volunteer alng with everyone else then im sure ill probably enjoy the experience however we were given scenarios in school today for example what to do if your buddys depressed being bullied etc and now all of a sudden it seems really heavy, so the problem is although the chances of being paired with a ''difficult''buddy are slim im nt sure if im responsible enough to cope .....

anyhow im off to work for a few hours i await your responses cheers
Old 06-17-2002, 02:12 PM   #2
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

The first question is 'Am i going to like doing this.' If the answer is no then don't do it.
Should you take the responsibility. Only you can answer that question but it's lots of fun. I've seen this from both ends and it's fun to do. Of course if you get paired with an asshole or a problem case it might get heavy but those chances are really slim. What it mostly boils down to is helping your buddy to get to know his way around the school (and nearby drinking facilities ). And it's very pleasant to be paired with a girl but that's just my personal experience.
Old 06-17-2002, 08:55 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

responsiblity sucks blow it off mate
Old 06-17-2002, 10:15 PM   #4
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
responsiblity sucks blow it off mate
You are a wise man.
Old 06-17-2002, 10:49 PM   #5
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

Can you change buddies?? What would happen if you were paired with a buddy that was completely against everything you stood for?
Old 06-18-2002, 06:21 PM   #6
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by The Hunter of Jahanna:
Can you change buddies?? What would happen if you were paired with a buddy that was completely against everything you stood for?
yeah well if you get a problem case then you can refer them to guidance and let them handle it thei gues you will be reassigned so i opted t do it cheers for the advice guys [img]smile.gif[/img]