Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-16-2001, 11:21 AM   #1
Vampire

The holy temple of Aerie and HQ of ALSB (Aerie Loving Sacred Band) continues.
This Aerie, Nalia and Jaheira protecting clan started in September 2001 and has already got over 35 members.
To apply you must not be evil and give me your email and class.

Larry_OHF Secretary
Kaz BG+General Forum Lookout
Waverider BG2 Lookout
Haladar Temple Kight
Bahmut Temple Knight
Lord Arn Lathander Attache

Then there are the other members like: Jabidas, Zoltan, Cleric2, Elif Godson, Debiler, Dundee Slaytern, Horatio and Lorala...etc.

Latest Developments:

At peace with HADB
KFA destroyed (rival clan)
Neb is guised as Aerie and wants to become a evil god by taking a black crystal.
Refer to last thread for details.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/No...ML/003913.html

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 11:29 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
The shard is stored inside a pure ice crystal that never melts inside a cryogenic safe. You'll freeze upon entering and it should never be released.

Avatar goes outside and the sunny day already looks dark and a light drizzle has started. Avatar calls into the skies for Anamatour. And a glorious rays of pure sun light and holy smite constantly rains down around the temple...

(The shadows are also pretty smart, they won't enter the sunlight if they can just wait till it becomes night.)

Luckily, Neb is Chaotic Neutral and therefore he is unharmed by the Holy Smite, Neb heads towards the location that his crystal ball indicated, as he gets closer, the temperature falls and soon his breath is visible in the air, frost rimes the floor, walls and ceiling as he stands in front of the cryogenic safe.

Neb thinks for a few moments and then disentigrates the door to the safe, a blast a cold air meets him and ice starts to form in his beard, he quickly casts a Warmth spell to prevent him from freezing to death, he then summons a Fire Elemental to melt the ice, but the immense cold immediately kills it, Neb ponders what to do for a few moments then launches a fireball at the Ice Crystal, the fireball is extinguished before it even gets to the crystal, Neb leans against a wall to think about what to do for a few moments before he tries anything.

Neb suddenly gets an idea, the shard itself is protected from Teleport Other which prevents him from teleporting it out of the crystal, but the crystal isn't, Neb teleports the crystal to the roof of the temple, now the only thing which he needed to do something about was the damn cold, Neb summoned a Greater Shadow which would be unaffected by the cold since it was partially ethereal, he ordered it to bring him the Shard which was also half-way into the ethereal realm, allowing the shadow to carry it, the shadow advanced and grabbed the Shard, as it did so, it seemed to grow in power and strength, when it got back to Neb with the shard it was 9 feet tall and almost radiated darkness, Neb grabbed the Shard from it's hands, but as he did so, it managed to break his controlling spells and lashed out with one of it's massive fists.

Old 10-16-2001, 11:32 AM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

A black raven flies into the Temple, and lands on Avatar's shoulder. He identifies the raven as Kaz's familiar. The bird is carrying a note. Upon opening the note, Avatar realizes this is a letter from Larry, his Executive Secretary. It reads:

Greetings Avatar! May the blessings of Aerie be bestowed upon you as you are guided by Her this day. I have somewhat of a report to deliever to you, concerning our affairs, meaning myself and Kaz. We are fine, and Kaz has saved my life this day. A poisoned arrow had entered my arm during combat with some street scum, and Kaz was the only one left standing after the array. She quickly healed me and our traveling partner, Mistral with some of the money she had collected from Fast offerings from Aerie's faithful. I shall repay the chuch 10 times that amount upon our return from our advanture.

I am writing you today to speak of a danger that is in the making. A man named Caine seems to be causing much strife and rousing up the enemies of our High Goddess against us. They do not like to see a temple so close to their private dwellings, and are looking to tear it down. I propose that Caine is a more threat to our peace than the KFA ever was. This man is vile and tends to destroy any faith that we may have in our beloved Lady. Please ensure the brethren that we are fine where we are, and are well equipped to handle any danger that befalls us. Yet our concern is turned towards you, and the temple itself. May Aerie bless us that we may overcome this new rebellion.

Larry and Kaz,

The bird waits patiently, as if waiting for a reply...

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 11:34 AM   #4
Vampire

Avatar senses something is wrong as the shadow got killed by a holy smite from the skies....

Avatar jumps to the roof to see "Aerie" holding the black crystal

"What are you doing and how... did you get that!"
Avatar casts etherealness and walks over to Neb...

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 11:35 AM   #5
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
A black raven flies into the Temple, and lands on Avatar's shoulder. He identifies the raven as Kaz's familiar. The bird is carrying a note. Upon opening the note, Avatar realizes this is a letter from Larry, his Executive Secretary. It reads:

Greetings Avatar! May the blessings of Aerie be bestowed upon you as you are guided by Her this day. I have somewhat of a report to deliever to you, concerning our affairs, meaning myself and Kaz. We are fine, and Kaz has saved my life this day. A poisined arrow had entered my arm during combat with some street scum, and Kaz was the only one left standing after the array. She quickly healed me and our traveling partner, Mistral with some of the money she had collected from Fast offerings from Aerie's faithful. I shall repay the chuch 10 times that amount upon our return from our advanture.

I am writing you today to speak of a danger that is in the making. A man named Caine seems to be causing much strife and rousing up the enemies of our High Goddess against us. They do not like to see a temple so close to their private dwellings, and are looking to tear it down. I propose that Caine is a more threat to our peace than the KFA ever was. This man is vile and tends to destroy any faith that we may have in our beloved Lady. Please ensure the brethren that we are fine where we are, and are well equipped to handle any danger that befalls us. Yet our concern is turned towards you, and the temple itself. May Aerie bless us that we may overcome this new rebellion.

Larry and Kaz,

The bird waits patiently, as if waiting for a reply...

Don't worry I am WELL aware of Caine. Mods say ignore him.
I am composing a new ranking system in ALSB based on number of posts...

------------------
Old 10-16-2001, 11:43 AM   #6
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Hello to my fellow ALSB

I should be able to return from my work sojurn soon. I see
that the team has been busy. Take care and good health to you
all. Elif

------------------
The Ruby Rouge of the ALSB
Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Blessed is the Warlock
Advisor to the Lady Lioness for Kitchen raid's and such...
Old 10-16-2001, 11:43 AM   #7
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
Avatar senses something is wrong as the shadow got killed by a holy smite from the skies....

Avatar jumps to the roof to see "Aerie" holding the black crystal

"What are you doing and how... did you get that!"
Avatar casts etherealness and walks over to Neb...

(Ehm... Avatar, I'm INSIDE the temple, I teleported Ice Crystal surrounding the Shard to the roof, not myself, and I don't think you could jump inside the temple.)

The shadow in front of Neb dies from the holy smite spells raining down from the skies, Neb, still disguised as Aerie, heads towards the back entrance, as he is about to reach the back door, an acolyte sees him and runs towards him, Neb draws his light crossbow and fires a Bolt of Biting at the acolyte, the bolt hit's the acolyte in his stomach and the poison quickly kills him.

Old 10-16-2001, 11:53 AM   #8
waverider
Symbol of Cyric

am not in the moud to inter fear can i become a tempel gaurd or something ?

i wish to keep peace and not attack caine and all who is evil ?

------------------
Platinum Wizard of ALSB
Wizard at The Court of Lady Lioness
Protector of All Whats goodwww.clix.to/wave
Old 10-16-2001, 12:02 PM   #9
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Waverider! That's right, isn't it? I'd help you, Avatar, but as my familiar Aerynkoryk has told you, I am kind of tied down at the moment. I will come to your aid when I am done (that'll probably be sometime next year...)

------------------

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Guardian of the Temple of Aerie (specialized in GenCon and BG)
Magess of Lady Lioness' Court
Historian of IW
Most Illustrious Arch-Magess of the Illuminati
Lux omnis est
Once Upon A Paper Writer's Forum
Old 10-16-2001, 02:15 PM   #10
Vampire

Hiya Kaz. No worries!
Wavy! You are currently patroller of BG2 and ToB forum but you can be a gurad of temple if you want!

Neb: Avatar here's the cry of the priest and realises something is very wrong. He sees "Aerie"(Neb) running away and also sees the shadows descending towards the temple... He is torn between duty and save the world...

------------------