Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 09:22 PM   #1
Beaufort

Toward the end of the Crypt, you come upon 2 gates (Warrior's & Wizard's paths). It appears you need to do something with one of the 2 urns to get the gates to open. The walkthrough says that the path you take depends on, "..which brazier you lit in the last room." Assume "brazier" = "urn". OK. How do you light them? I've tried a torch but it won't select when I try to use item. I can wield it in my bow/shield slot but it doesn't appear as a potential weapon. I've tried "carrying" it but it just goes in my inventory. I've also tried the burn spell & it wouldn't target. Please, somebody - what's the secret here?

Beaufort

Old 11-26-2000, 10:13 PM   #2
Regis
Welcomed New User

You should have found the Warrior and/or Wizard Crystal. Either of these will bring the steps back up so you can get the item to use on the urns. You can only use one Crystal..the other will become defunct and not work once you use the first. An alternate method is to carry enough crates down there so you can climb up and get the item without using the Crystal, so you could get both that way.

PS. I believe the Crystals are reversed, meaning using the Wizard Crystal gets you the item to open the Warrior's Way and vice versa.
Old 11-27-2000, 02:08 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just as an FYI...

It IS possible to get BOTH crystals and go down both pathways. After getting one Jindol, have your character with the highest Athletics skill jump (0 on the keypad) up on the ledge of the other chamber. After about 7 or 8 tries, my lead warrior was able to make it to the ledge, where he picked up the other Jindol. Of course, you'll have to go all the way through the Asylum and back to make it back to the place where you can choose the other path, then go through the Asylum again. I, however, did it and know it can be done.

Sazerac (don't tell ME I can't do something!!)
Old 11-27-2000, 09:38 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

You can also pile up crates and things to climb back up and if you put an object on an object and carry the bottom one, you can carry two things at once!!

Wyv
Old 11-27-2000, 04:40 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Absolutely another way Wyv! Except at the time I didn't know you could do that (hehe). Live and learn!

Sazerac