Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2001, 11:56 PM   #31
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

An excellent topic Vaskez. I've often wondered why I look at the threads I do.

For example, why did I look at this thread?

1) It was short. I hate having to read through 10 pages of stuff (even really interesting stuff) to just add a sentence or two.
2) I haven't seen you post a topic in a while, and I was curious as to what you were posting about.
3) I find myself drawn to topics asking questions. Somehow, I feel that if someone asks a question, I should try and answer.

These aren't the only criteria I use, but these three serve me well. Sometimes my choices are more random. I don't usually peruse the board thinking to myself "what do I feel like reading today." Instead I find myself looking at each thread and saying "yeah" or "nay."

And I always try to follow the threads I post in. So I'll be checking this one tomorrow

Thanks for a good discussion.

------------------
Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.

"The only medicine for suffering, crime, and all the other woes of mankind, is wisdom." -- Thomas Huxley

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 09-21-2001).]
Old 09-22-2001, 11:17 PM   #32
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Plain and simple curiosity. Plus a little boredom can drive a person
to read thing's they normally wouldnt.

------------------
Lurking in the shadow's of your dreams,the Ruby Rouge of the ALSB:2gunfire:

Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Cafe'
Old 09-22-2001, 11:23 PM   #33
G'kar

Click,read,think,reply or not. I like absorbing the writing of other people, whether its serious or ridulous and I usually reply based on how I'm feeling at the moment. Some topics draw me in more than others though, but if I have time I'll read as much as I can!

Old 09-23-2001, 02:28 AM   #34
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Checking back in threads ive already read or that ive posted in for sure!
New threads though it is usually the title not the starter...
Old 09-23-2001, 02:28 AM   #35
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, actually several things: the topic, who posted it, how many replies, and how much time I have.

------------------
Order of the Holy Flame
Member of Clan HADB
Laughing Hyena

Old 09-23-2001, 07:33 AM   #36
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Thanks for answering that girls and boys

Another interesting question is why there are so many members who never post. I mean there are over 2000 members IIRC yet only about 50-100 post regularly.
Old 09-23-2001, 07:42 AM   #37
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Thanks for answering that girls and boys

Another interesting question is why there are so many members who never post. I mean there are over 2000 members IIRC yet only about 50-100 post regularly.
There are over 3000 members all in all. Some just come to ask questions on BG or other CRPGs, some get stuck in the other forums and never come here, some just don't have the time to post regularly.

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-23-2001, 07:48 AM   #38
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
some just don't have the time to post regularly.

I see you don't have that problem Kaz Over 1000 posts in a month! Not bad! *Cough* *dirty* *ahem* *spammer* *cough* *cough*
Old 09-23-2001, 07:52 AM   #39
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:

I see you don't have that problem Kaz Over 1000 posts in a month! Not bad! *Cough* *dirty* *ahem* *spammer* *cough* *cough*
I make the time. I'm currently doing my chemistry homework at the same time (word is running in the background). Just wait 'till autumn holidays begin! I'll be away for a few days, but the rest of the time...

------------------

Kazara

Sapphire Dragoness of ALSB
Waitress at Cloudy's Cafe
Old 09-23-2001, 07:54 AM   #40
Sorcerer Alex

I usually read a thread if it's started by someone I like. Or if it's a newbie, or someone who's desperate for help. Sometimes it's just roulette, I click wherever my mouse stops