Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-02-2001, 11:18 PM   #1
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

I stay out of almost every major fued...but this is IT!I refuse, absolutely REFUSE to take sides on this. The Moon's Hope was where I met many fantastic people, Lee, Paul, Wendy, Amber, Marc, Brad, Jo, Bernadette (yes, I'm using real names) because we are ALL real people and by GOD, we get along when we suspend our disbelief. I have not checked out the men's thread, but never had a desire to. Why? Because it doesn't interest me. If It did...I'm sure that I could come up with some jokes that would be relevant. The Moon's Hope became a joke the moment that people stopped realizing what it was for. which was a place for people to enjoy and hang out and, for a little while, forget about real life concerns. I realize this may promote some flames, and my sincere hope is that it doesn't come to that, but the reason that I've stayed away myself from the boards lately is simply the criticism of small minded individuals who can't seem to understand that if they don't like to content of a particular thread, DON'T GO THERE. Don't cast aspersions on it, for others might just enjoy it. But I SWEAR TO GAWD, we all need a little romance in our lives and this is a place to do it. Pauly...I miss you, you are one of the most fun people to hang out twith and you know that if you look deep, You've never, I mean NEVER seen LadyRae go off like she did on this issue. Wouldn't that make you wonder if it's something she felt strongly about? I consider every one of you my friends (Including the Stealthy one...with whom I temporarily competed for the Lovely LadtWendy's affections). This is no, never was, never will be a Moon's DOPE Inn. This is the most awesome place ever conceived and all of us had a hand in it's creation...I am proud to have been a member of the Moon's Hope Inn and I would hope that All who have visited it feel the same way.

If death of romance in a public forum will make other's feel better...then I guess...so be it. I love this board, I love all of you, regardless of your opinions on everything and I'm certainly not leaving, but the Moon's Hope Inn is my love, my home away from home. I wil not let it die.

------------------
-Bard Extraordinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Champion Songster of Fast Fourward

[This message has been edited by KDogRex (edited 05-02-2001).]
Old 05-02-2001, 11:23 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Very, very well put, KDogRex! I participated in the Moon's Hope for a couple of evenings (I've only recently come to the GD board) and I became acquainted with RudeDawg there. I am sorry about LadyRae, mainly because I hate to see anyone get their feelings hurt over such a silly issue. I nearly died last year (right around this time, long and sordid story), but on recovering, I began to see that it's not worth sweating the small stuff. Life is what you make of it.

I for one feel blessed for having made friends here, and I hope that continues for some time. If there are some who need to take a breather for a bit, hey, that's understandable...but I hope everyone can come back and participate as a community once again.

Respectfully,
Old 05-02-2001, 11:47 PM   #3
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
Very, very well put, KDogRex! I participated in the Moon's Hope for a couple of evenings (I've only recently come to the GD board) and I became acquainted with RudeDawg there. I am sorry about LadyRae, mainly because I hate to see anyone get their feelings hurt over such a silly issue. I nearly died last year (right around this time, long and sordid story), but on recovering, I began to see that it's not worth sweating the small stuff. Life is what you make of it.

I for one feel blessed for having made friends here, and I hope that continues for some time. If there are some who need to take a breather for a bit, hey, that's understandable...but I hope everyone can come back and participate as a community once again.

Respectfully,
Thank you...You make me feel...validated...

------------------
-Bard Extraordinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Champion Songster of Fast Fourward
Old 05-02-2001, 11:54 PM   #4
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Sazerac,
It's amazing how life changes once you have to truely face your iminate death,
I faced it in a car wreck 15 years ago.

[This message has been edited by John D Harris (edited 05-02-2001).]
Old 05-02-2001, 11:59 PM   #5
The.Relic
Red Dragon

Hi Kdog, it is very good to see you. I want to thank you for what you have said, I believe that there are a number of us who feel the same way that you do. I know that I for one had never wanted the Moon's Hope to be come a point of grave controversy, nor had I ever intended to be one who would offend so many friends here. I have been very happy to know you Kdog, and everyone else here at the board. And I can only say that I am sorry for any inadvertant offence that I caused in the past with anyone during the time that I was here. I wish all of you well!
Smitten by LadyRae
Old 05-03-2001, 12:03 AM   #6
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I am depressed by this whole thing
Old 05-03-2001, 12:18 AM   #7
Zeeke75
Baaz Draconian

Kdog, you said just about everything I've wanted to say, since this whole mess started. I've thought a lot about what's been said, and what the Moon's Hope means to me. And after thinking about it, I wrote a description of the Moon's Hope, which I'm going to show everyone...

The Moon's Hope was started as a place for like-minded and light-hearted people to gather and share the wonderful company that each one of us provides. Once established, it grew into a place filled with friendship, love, passion and desire - some of the greatest things that life has to offer.

A spell seems to have been cast over this place, as everyday, more and more people file in, wanting to experience what those of us regulars have already figured out....this is a magical and wonderful place that you are allowed to express yourself and be carefree without fear. Dance if you want, sing if you want, recite poetry, play a song, whatever your heart desires, as long as their is love behind it all.

As with any popular phenomenon, the Moon's Hope has not flourished without criticism. There are those close-minded individual's that see this place as something that it is not - a place of evil-intent. Well, let those people move on with their lives - as sorry and empty as those will be. We here at the Moon's Hope will continue to thrive in the love and friendship that gets stronger with each passing day.

See you at the Inn,

Zeeke

------------------

Protector and Defender of Nature
Original victim of "The Gauntlet"
Becoming a true believer in Fast Fourward
Old 05-03-2001, 12:40 AM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Are you the one that said f**ck ironworks?

------------------
Meet my lawyer.
Old 05-03-2001, 12:53 AM   #9
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
Are you the one that said f**ck ironworks?

Who said that??

Old 05-03-2001, 02:42 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zeeke75:
Kdog, you said just about everything I've wanted to say, since this whole mess started. I've thought a lot about what's been said, and what the Moon's Hope means to me. And after thinking about it, I wrote a description of the Moon's Hope, which I'm going to show everyone...

The Moon's Hope was started as a place for like-minded and light-hearted people to gather and share the wonderful company that each one of us provides. Once established, it grew into a place filled with friendship, love, passion and desire - some of the greatest things that life has to offer.

A spell seems to have been cast over this place, as everyday, more and more people file in, wanting to experience what those of us regulars have already figured out....this is a magical and wonderful place that you are allowed to express yourself and be carefree without fear. Dance if you want, sing if you want, recite poetry, play a song, whatever your heart desires, as long as their is love behind it all.

As with any popular phenomenon, the Moon's Hope has not flourished without criticism. There are those close-minded individual's that see this place as something that it is not - a place of evil-intent. Well, let those people move on with their lives - as sorry and empty as those will be. We here at the Moon's Hope will continue to thrive in the love and friendship that gets stronger with each passing day.

See you at the Inn,

Zeeke

Then stay. Meet people in ANY thread and they will come where you are, to talk, to hope, to dream.....We cannot build perfection in a day..or maybe at all. But to try and try again....well, I think it's worth the effort and the people we meet along the way.

Listen...sometimes it seems that I'm everyone's counselor here... not so much by choice, as by law of nature, I guess. I listen and I help where I can. But right now ...? Cloudy needs the help. I need to laugh. I need to like being here again, I need to see people talking, laughing, playing ...

Zeeke, KDog, I could show you some posts of mine that would shock the whole crowd- anyone who wasn't around then, at least...LOL...anyone who remembers me and Armie..well they'll tell you.. There was some controversy there... I weathered it by TALKING to the parties involved and we are on good terms. So I am not unaware of how you feel, just a wiser and more experienced Cloudbringer who knows that good solid respectful relationships are the foundation for following a path farther than some others might want to see it trod and surviving.

I ask you to stay and begin anew. To learn from this and future events. Laugh and play and talk the serious talk...that's good too!!!

So.. anew..

I am Cloudbringer. Welcome to Ironworks! Welcome,Welcome Welcome- every time you sign on, and may All your Adventuring be Spectacular!
:&copy:
------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Heart Mind Soul Forever

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 05-03-2001).]