Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-18-2011, 07:17 AM   #11
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: I was injured today at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudbringer View Post
I hear they put beer in bottles, LoA.
The man's only got one operational hand, Cloudy. If 2 extra seconds is too much, two hands is *way* too much.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 02:33 AM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

LoA, you work in construction. These things are bound to happen to you eventually. If the injury is bad enough, and your employer is bad enough, you certainly have worker's rights to enforce. My earlier comment was crass, mostly clouded by my own stupid personal injury, but if you have a real injury and want a lawyer for some reason, let me know, I'll try to see if there's someone in your area I can refer you to. From my own experience, I've had bosses who have said, "If you fall off the ladder you're fired before you hit the ground," so I know how they can be.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:52 AM   #13
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
I get injured regularly with my kids at the park. I jammed up my arm something fierce when I fell about a week ago, and missed my fall with my hand, but had my Rolex catch on the slide and slam against me with such force that it tore a ligament. Yes, I'm sorry for you. Yes, we all suffer injuries. Yes I'm old. Yes, my Rolex really did injure me. Get over it, you ■■■■■, I did. Be a f'n man.
Damn man, I know exactly what you mean! We had a farewell luncheon last week in Louisville at the Galt House. Therefore, I made a look and kick the tires stop at the Mercedes dealer on the way back. Funny how those tight door accouterments can grab one's Longines watch just under the band. Man that hurt, being lifted up and out of the cockpit by the gull wing door dangling by the wrist. Thank-goodness I'm right handed, so the strained left hand was immobilized for a few days. By the look on the sales staff faces, I thought they were going to have a synchronized bowel movement!

Hey, LOA, what happened to the automatic beer opener?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #14
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
LoA, you work in construction. These things are bound to happen to you eventually. If the injury is bad enough, and your employer is bad enough, you certainly have worker's rights to enforce. My earlier comment was crass, mostly clouded by my own stupid personal injury, but if you have a real injury and want a lawyer for some reason, let me know, I'll try to see if there's someone in your area I can refer you to. From my own experience, I've had bosses who have said, "If you fall off the ladder you're fired before you hit the ground," so I know how they can be.

Thanks TL, I was mainly over-dramatizing a minor injury. Oddly enough I was framing an an attic access and the nail went sideways (happens, knot or whatever) and hit the same finger lol. All will be fine in a few days. So I'm still opening beers with the off-beer hand. I work for myself, I can only sue myself. I would never sue over minor bullshit in any case. Hell I didnt sue when I should have 20 years ago when I shredded my hand. Probably should have but I'm just not sue-happy. But yea I've often heard the fired before hitting ground thing lol.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:50 AM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

LOA, I, like you it seems, am working only on my merit these days, billing hourly, etc. I appreciate you making light of the injury, as most of us often do (A Tim Allen manly "hurr" is welcome here). If your injury becomes real or life-changing, then I'd say seek legal advice. Otherwise, it seems you've done what most of us do, and applied the "suck it up" principle. This is not a bad thing, and we men know that. Best to you.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:54 AM   #16
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
farewell luncheon last week in Louisville at the Galt House.
Fancy schmancy. Love that place. I probably prefer the Oak Room at the Seelbach, but that's just me.
Quote:
Longines watch
Please don't tell me you're a fellow WIS. Longines is pretty sweet. I have websites I can direct you to... wait!, I mean it! LULZ
Quote:
gull wing door
Aren't those awesome? It's the former future brought back. I frikkin love gull wing doors. If only Marty McFly would have had a silver Mercedes gull-wing instead of a Dalorean (or however you spell it... damn, now I have to go back on JayLeno'sGarage.com to find out).

Last edited by Timber Loftis; 07-22-2011 at 03:03 AM.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:59 AM   #17
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Tonights little boo-boo, right down to the bone.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 27554.jpg (15.8 KB, 10 views)
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 11:31 AM   #18
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
Ok Mr. iRobot, human flesh and machinery are not compatible!

Hope it heals well!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #19
Chewbacca
Zartan

Sad Re: I was injured today at work

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
Owie!
Old 07-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #20
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

On the accident report.
Cause of accident? Stupidity.
How could this accident be prevented in the future? Less stupidity.
My foreman got a kick out of that.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote