Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-21-2011, 01:30 PM   #31
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

Default Re: The Palin e-mails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post
It provides me with endless amusement to watch supposed members of the Party of Tolerance reduced to blathering rabid insults when discussing Sarah Palin, the Tea Party or anything else they disagree with. The irony that their pitiful attempts to trivialize the objects of their wrath and condemnation only undermines their own credibility is truly delicious.
Cerek, if this was aimed at Lanesra/Donut it's a swing and a miss. He is a Limey.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #32
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by machinehead View Post
Cerek, if this was aimed at Lanesra/Donut it's a swing and a miss. He is a Limey.
Plus, as Maher said, it's not sexism or prejudice or anything else. She's an idiot, it's just a fact. I wish she weren't, because I enjoy watching pretty and smart women.

Where the frustration comes in is knowing that there is a whole world full of people out there who can't look at her and realize cluelessness in its pure form. These people, those who hear her and nod their heads in agreement -- they are scary. They are scary because there are many of them, and some day people they support may run things. We've suffered enough fools leading us, I'm afraid, and we're near a tipping point and can't take any more. The stupid needs to stop, but it seems to be growing.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:25 PM   #33
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
Plus, as Maher said, it's not sexism or prejudice or anything else. She's an idiot, it's just a fact. I wish she weren't, because I enjoy watching pretty and smart women.

Where the frustration comes in is knowing that there is a whole world full of people out there who can't look at her and realize cluelessness in its pure form. These people, those who hear her and nod their heads in agreement -- they are scary. They are scary because there are many of them, and some day people they support may run things. We've suffered enough fools leading us, I'm afraid, and we're near a tipping point and can't take any more. The stupid needs to stop, but it seems to be growing.
Current POTUS included?
Old 07-21-2011, 06:28 PM   #34
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
I suspected Lanesra was British. Didn't realize it was Donut. Good to see ya, again, L/D.

And you're right, machinehead, that the Euro opinions are moot since Palin doesn't affect them. It's just amusing to see how warped the liberals get at the mere mention of her name.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:34 PM   #35
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
I suspected Lanesra was British. Didn't realize it was Donut. Good to see ya, again, L/D.

And you're right, machinehead, that the Euro opinions are moot since Palin doesn't affect them. It's just amusing to see how warped the liberals get at the mere mention of her name.

Its not just liberals. I am of neither party and I think she's an idiot. Sorry
Old 07-21-2011, 07:50 PM   #36
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I think most reasonable people recognise she's not very bright. I suspect her own family roll their eyes @ her from time to time.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:05 AM   #37
Chewbacca
Zartan

Stupid is as stupid does, don'tcha know.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:33 AM   #38
machinehead
Drizzt Do'Urden

She speaks in sound bites which is all that a segment of the US population is capable of understanding. She has also turned a failed nomination for Vice President into a cash cow that she is milking for every nickel it's worth. Not so much stupid as playing up to those who will pay. More of a grifter then anything else.
machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #39
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
She speaks in sound bites which is all that a segment of the US population is capable of understanding. She has also turned a failed nomination for Vice President into a cash cow that she is milking for every nickel it's worth. Not so much stupid as playing up to those who will pay. More of a grifter then anything else.
Precisely. She supposedly did an acceptable job as Governor of Alaska - at least they weren't yelling for her to be kicked out, that I recall - until she got thrown into the VP race at the last second. As you say, she managed to turn that failure into a very successful cash cow.....so the woman obviously does have a fair amount of intelligence. That doesn't mean has the type of intelligence to be a President, by any means, although she could certainly qualify for Congress or maybe even the Senate. But I think she is satisfied (at least for now) with the political leverage she wields with her current gig.

Just because you can't stand someone doesn't mean you can't recognize the strengths they have. Rush and Glenn are two perfect examples. I can't stand listening to either one of these guys, but their message(s) obviously DO resonate with a good portion of the population. They know their audiences well and play to that audience very successfully. I, personally, don't think either one should be taken seriously at all, but I have to admit they are smart enough to keep their gigs going and keep money flowing into their pockets.

Again, that doesn't mean either one should EVER consider actually RUNNING for political office - and I would vote against either one in a heartbeat - but I have to admit they must be doing something right to have become as successful as they are.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:21 AM   #40
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Current POTUS included?
The current POTUS, as unrefined as he may be, is a genius amongst these idiots. It's interesting you dare to compare.