Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2001, 01:45 PM   #21
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
What happens to me a lot is hitting "edit" instead of "quote" and trying to edit a guys post instead of trying to quote it! Oops... sorry.
I also occasionally get two quotes and occasionally one. This is my theory: If the user quoted used the "quote" button to quote his quote (er... did everybody understand that?), the text you write has only one quote. However, if the text you quote has a quote that the user put in manually (writing [ quote ] etc.), the quote stays. Just an idea.

Clever woman. Sounds plausible to me!

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination
Old 09-28-2001, 01:08 PM   #22
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Ziroc's asking for trouble when he disabled the delete feature

he'll have all kinds of useless posts AND email requests for deletion of the posts

I hope it comes back soon
since my emails or my requests are promptly ignored

------------------

HEY! get away from my homepage!!

[This message has been edited by adam warlock (edited 09-28-2001).]
Old 09-28-2001, 01:13 PM   #23
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:

he'll have all kinds of useless posts AND email requests for deletion of the posts

Hi Ziroc - could you just post WHY the delete own posts has been disabled, please??

------------------

Ascended Mistress of Illumination OR Paws R Us
Old 09-28-2001, 01:15 PM   #24
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

yeah why?
Old 09-28-2001, 01:17 PM   #25
Epona
Zartan

Well, I've now fallen foul of this not able to delete thing myself.
I went back and edited my original post, but now the whole thread looks daft and will remain in IW in perpetuity.

I can see why Ziroc has done this, for various reasons stated above, but this is what happened to me (as some of you will already know )

I was upset last night, and needed a bit of comfort and support (which I received, and was very grateful for ). However, the crisis was over a short while later, and I would really have liked to delete the thing - it was a fairly personal matter, and although I didn't regret posting it, I would have preferred to get rid of it once the matter was dealt with rather than have it visible for everyone to look at and wonder what I was upset about - I have deleted my original text.

It's just a bit embarrassing!

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas
Proud winner of the 'Most Useless Post 250 Has Ever Seen' Award 2001. "I'd just like to thank my friends and family, without whom none of this would have been possible..."
Old 09-28-2001, 01:33 PM   #26
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
Well, I've now fallen foul of this not able to delete thing myself.
I went back and edited my original post, but now the whole thread looks daft and will remain in IW in perpetuity.

I can see why Ziroc has done this, for various reasons stated above, but this is what happened to me (as some of you will already know )

I was upset last night, and needed a bit of comfort and support (which I received, and was very grateful for ). However, the crisis was over a short while later, and I would really have liked to delete the thing - it was a fairly personal matter, and although I didn't regret posting it, I would have preferred to get rid of it once the matter was dealt with rather than have it visible for everyone to look at and wonder what I was upset about - I have deleted my original text.

It's just a bit embarrassing!
Just so you'll know, I edited out my first post to that out of respect for you. Especially as it still contained some detail. I left in my MSN info for you if you want it. And it's on page 3 now, so it's unlikely many will stumble across it. Hope that helps.

------------------

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)

Owner/operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Mage extraordinair.
Occasional minion to Gwhanos the Fluffy

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*

"Allright! We'll call it a draw."
Old 09-28-2001, 02:06 PM   #27
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by adam warlock:

I can't see how you can claim your e-mails or requests are "promptly ignored", Adam W., since I have yet to receive a single one from you. I'd be more than happy to attend to that matter for you, if I had known. As far as Memnoch goes, he's on vacation right now, and I assume that Ziroc is offline for a bit as well, so they may not be in a position to do anything.

Just as a point, guys...I can't speak for Dan on this, but if certain members hadn't exploited or abused the "delete" privilege, I have a feeling it would still be here. It could, of course, be a forum glitch with the privileges as well, in which case Ziroc will fix it presently. In the meantime. be patient AND calm, please. You catch far more flies with honey than vinegar.

------------------

I know who you are...I saw what you did!