Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2003, 04:30 PM   #1
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Right...As soon as I get my new motherboard and Ram...in a couple of weeks hopefully... I will be able to play Morrowind...

So I have a few questions...

After seeing the full set of Glass armour I really like the idea of an Assassin in a full set of this... problem is im not sure how useful they are as a class... and what race would be best for them either :S...

So a little info would be nice...like if there a good class...a good starting class...what races would be good with them...how much Glass weapons and armour suck or not...the usual.

Cheers,

J.W.K
FelixJaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2003, 04:43 PM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Check it out for yourself, it's all here
Old 07-06-2003, 05:07 PM   #3
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Thanks man, I knew i'd get my information one way or another...

If people still wanna gimme some insight into it from what they've found then that would be good too [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2003, 05:11 PM   #4
B_part
Quintesson

Glass armor is the best unenchanted light armor. Unless you get some legendary items, you will use that.
Glass weapons aren't that hot, although they are pretty good.
Provided your skill is high enough, you will be equally as effective with any weapon, so getting daedric or legendary weapons is better than using glass. But glass is very light to carry around, and beautiful to see. Good enchantment value, too.

Stealth classes are very effective, and unlike some other games, there is much to kill, unlock and steal in Morrowind. The backstab option is especially powerful and will kill most creatures with one hit. And unlike D&D based games, you can backstab with any kind of weapon (even a mace).

Best starting class: custom. Choose what you want and leave the rest out. There are no limits: 5 major, 5 minor skills. Choose any. Major and minor skills, when advancing, help you level up. Misc skills can be trained / improved to the max but won't make your level increase and will improve slower. No other difference.
Old 07-06-2003, 05:29 PM   #5
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Right so its settled...I'll probably be an assassin(for roleplaying purposes no skanky making my own uber-class) with Glass armour and some random weapons...probably short swords or a bow to kill people with and maybe some magic...

I'm thinkin' of either a Dark Elf or a Wood Elf...preferably Dark Elf cuz they look better and seem to fit the role more...but I guess thats my decision...
Old 07-07-2003, 08:46 AM   #6
Windy Entwhistle
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I rolled up a bunch of different races when I first started. I'm only a third of the way through but I can see now that I was worrying about details too much.

Looking back the best advice I read was choose a bunch of skills you think'll be fun and play with them, likewise with the race.

Sneaking is really good in this game. I play a wood elf and spend most of my time in sneak mode shooting arrwos from the shadows. It's a lot of fun.

The armour is a tough one. Glass armour doesn't enchant well. But it is a lot lighter. I find when I wear heavy I have to teleport back to base every five or six kills to dump loot.
Windy Entwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2003, 05:00 PM   #7
FelixJaeger
Symbol of Cyric

Cool man I only want glass for the look...i'm not too fussed about armour class if im gonna be stabbing people in the back ...

Yay Dark Elf Assassin with Glass armour and some random weapons that are good...

Woohoo death to loadsa villagers...

[ 07-07-2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: FelixJaeger ]
Old 07-08-2003, 06:38 AM   #8
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by FelixJaeger:
Woohoo death to loadsa villagers...
Don't do that: it will most likely destroy your quests.
Old 07-08-2003, 05:06 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

not really, you can kill anyone as long as the doomsday message don't pop up.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:59 AM   #10
B_part
Quintesson

That happens only when you screw up with the main quest, but there are many other secondary quests in the game wich can be disrupted by these killing sprees. And some of those can be rewarding.