Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dragon Age™ Origins

Old 11-12-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
Arcalian
Dungeon Master

Exclamation Spoil me!

Spoilery spoil spoil I need spoilers.

In case it ain't clear yet, this a spoileriffic question. So for those who are avoiding spoilers themselves, look away!! Look away!!!!

Okay.

I keep hearing over and over and over about how your choices early in the game affect the ending. So does that mean if I don't handle some quests in exactly the "right" way, does that mean I will fail to prevent Loghain from seizing the throne??
Arcalian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 09:49 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Spoil me!

Well, no. But it can effect who gets the Throne, or who you have on your side when you face the blight.

It also has a slight effect on how you are welcomed back to your Origin's city when you go back there in the main story.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #3
Arcalian
Dungeon Master

Thanks....details?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:16 AM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Well it's complicated. But for example if you are a male human noble, you got the support of the nobles, and you didn't kill the Queen's father yourself (Loghain) there is the possibility of wedding her. If you are a female you could have the possibility of ending up with the illegitimate son of the former king depending on how you play your cards. You also have the possibility of playing matchmaker and getting a new husband for the Queen. etc.

As for your Origin. If you take the more evil option and betray your people you won't have a very warm welcome when you come back looking to recruit them in your army. Also for example in the mage origin if you helped your friend get away he will be able to help you in the future when you meet him again on your return.

And as for the recruitable factions. In almost every cases you get to chose between two sides. Sometimes if you are not careful you can also end up with no help from that faction. An example is if you reveal to the mages/templars that you are a blood mage. Both side turns against you.

Also. I haven't finished the game yet but important characters get a prologue and an ending when you complete the game. What happen to them depends on your choices through the game.

Last edited by Luvian; 11-13-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
Arcalian
Dungeon Master

Many thanks!
Old 11-13-2009, 06:40 PM   #6
Arcalian
Dungeon Master

And if you do make any of the "wrong" choices, you won't get help from, say, the Reavers or Werewolves in the final battle either, I take it.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:16 AM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

It's either the elves or werewolves.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I'd like a spoil too...though a slightly smaller one - I have found a nice little staff that I'd like to buy...but a 131 gold is a bit heavy...any thoughts on making money?
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 08:56 AM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I still can't afford anything 100 sovereigns yet, but I'm about half way there. Don't buy anything. Wait for drops, which come a lot. Bump the lock picking and Cunning on your rogue type, and open everything you can. There are also a couple of nice items that can be had if you bump your convo skill.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #10
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Sell your Blood Dragon armor and the named weapons you find.