Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2002, 09:57 PM   #21
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Moni has a point. Making friends with a bully is the best way to resolve your problem IMHO. Nobody gets hurt, you get respect, a new friend, and hopefully you change a person for good.
Sometimes people dont respond to that, and thats fine..but there's always the bare minority, the few who're just struggling to get along and might occassionally seem angsty or troubled.
You've got to get into the mind of someone that picks on you, understand him thoroughly, know why he does the things he does. If you want to be understood, you must first seek to understand.
Some bullies are just following a chain..they get picked on by other people, so they pick on people they dont like or what not. Its easy to pick on someone when you think you've got the power. Hell, I used to be like that at my old school, where I used to make people totally miserable because other people made me miserable. Culminated in a fist fight. I got the better end of the deal, but I can't say it helped solve anything, helped make anything better..
Blessed are the peacemakers for they will be called sons of God..
Old 06-11-2002, 09:10 PM   #22
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

I feel if someone picks on you day after day then they are just begging you to knock there teeth out. Everyone picks on someone at least once in their life. To do it day after day to the same person is like packing gunpowder around a bonfire, it will eventualy blow up in your face.I was the kid everyone picked on in school. I had big glasses and braces. I was clumsy and down right scrawny. I also took was more shit from people than I should have. One day something changed in me. One of the kids who used to pick on me the most tripped me as we were walking through the hall. I just took the abuse since he was twice my size , but instead of getting upset I got pissed. At the next class change I returned the favor and tripped him at the top of some stairs. He fell and broke his arm. I knew I did it , he knew I did it , BUT no one saw me trip him so he couldnt prove it. After that he left me alone. It took covert revenge, stuff like tripping people on stairs and kicking their locker door shut on their fingers every time someone picked on me from 9th to 11th grade before people finaly left me alone. My senior year I only had one incident of someone picking on me.I promised to return the favor and they imedeately appoligised. THe whole point of this is that if you pick on someone you might want to think about what could happen. I wasnt the only kid picked on in my school , and some of the other picked on kids could REALY fight and at times became a bullies worst nightmare.
Old 06-11-2002, 09:26 PM   #23
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Something I don't get...
How come gradeschool teachers were always like, " Don't stand up for yourself. Ask him nicely and politely to stop. And if that doesn't work, tell on him."
they were also like, "When someone hits you, it's bad. When you hit back, it is even worse. So don't hit back."
I don't understand that. "Asking him nicely and politely to stop" won't get you anywhere. Telling on him will just make you get more pounding after school. Those aren't good things to teach a kid, that those are the right things to do. But, on the other hand, the teachers aren't allowed to promote fighting no matter what. This is what I say to "When you hit back, it is even worse." [img]graemlins/repuke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1puke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/moon.gif[/img] I used to have a bully. He would ALWAYS sit with me on the bus when I was in first and second grade. He had down syndrome. He tore my backpack apart, spit on me, and hurt me. Finally, I stood up to him and the problem just disappeared.