Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 02-06-2005, 11:47 AM   #1
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Ok, well not shot, but recieve maximum punishment....
Quote:
Teen: I put glass on burger
McDonalds employee gave to cop by the drive-through window

January 31, 2005, 2:25 PM EST

His recipe for trouble began at home, where Albert Garcia Jr., took broken picture-frame glass and wrapped it in a napkin, prosecutors said.

Then he walked a few blocks from his Bronx apartment building to his job at a McDonald's on Saturday night.

"I put glass from my pocket in the Big Mac I made and then I took it to the window and gave it to a cop," Bronx prosecutors said Garcia, 18, told them in a videotaped confession.

The cop was Officer John Florio, 39, who bit into the burger and chewed until he realized that something was shredding his mouth and throat, prosecutors said.

Garcia also worked the shards into the Big Mac's special sauce, according to prosecutors.

Florio, a 17-year-veteran of the NYPD's canine unit, was treated at a nearby hospital and released. Later, he returned to the restaurant and identified Garcia, prosecutors said.

According to the Bronx district attorney's office, Garcia later lamented: "Where's the officer? I want to say I'm sorry to him."

Garcia is being charged with felony assault against a police officer, which carries a maximum sentence of 8 1/3 to 25 years in jail.

At his arraignment Monday, Garcia, dressed in a black down coat and blue jeans, expressed no emotion as his defense attorney, Lisa Shapiro, argued that he be released until the next court date.

Shapiro said Garcia has no criminal record and is a senior at the New School for Arts and Sciences who will be graduate in June.

"I am going to ask this court to treat Mr. Garcia like any other 18-year-old," Shapiro said.

Garcia's mother and sister looked on from a back aisle in Bronx Criminal Court as Judge Ira Margolis slapped Garcia with $200,000 bail. The next appearance is set for Friday.

Outside the courtroom, Assistant District Attorney Adam So said Florio was wearing his NYPD hat when he pulled up to the drive-through window. Still, prosecutors will have to prove that Garcia was bent on intentionally hurting the officer, he said.

Both Garcia's family and his attorney declined to comment.

At the Garrison Avenue McDonald's where the incident occurred, a bustling lunchtime crowd chomped on burgers. Store management declined to comment.

At least one customer, Steven Smith, 39, of Baychester, said he wasn't alarmed by the news of a bum burger.

"I blame the individual, because the establishment couldn't have known about it," said Smith, a construction worker who came in for orange juice. "However, they could do a better job of screening their people."
[ 02-06-2005, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Hivetyrant ]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:49 AM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

No, you were definately right the first time Hivetyrant.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:51 AM   #3
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
If they're not going to shoot him, at least make him eat his own burger, see how he likes the taste of it.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #4
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Nah, that would be cruel and unusual punishment. As would be shooting him. Even as an exageration, I don't think someone deserves to die for cutting up someone's throat. Funny, doesn't say why he put the glass there.
armageddon272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:28 PM   #5
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by armageddon272:
Nah, that would be cruel and unusual punishment. As would be shooting him. Even as an exageration, I don't think someone deserves to die for cutting up someone's throat. Funny, doesn't say why he put the glass there.
Erm...because he's a sick little turd ?
Old 02-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

What is this cruel and unusual punishment you speak of if he has the will to do that to someone else why should he not be put through the same thing or mabey we should try to help him and spend money try to figure out why he didn't, why, the cost of a bullet or glass in a burger for him is way more cost effective.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
Blunderbuss
Zhentarim Guard

Can't say I'm suprised. Most teenagers are . And yeah; shoot him. Can't imagine he'd be much of a loss.
Blunderbuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 12:54 PM   #8
Spirits forever

shooting is too quick , he should feel what the officer went through and more , i mean rather than killing him, i think it'd be better to torture disipline into him like in the book 1984 , (god that book was good)

anyways, why would anyone do such a thing?
Old 02-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #9
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I assume he has had a previous run in with the law.
Ok, he shouldnt be shot, but I do believe he should recieve some punishment, and since the law cant exactly make him eat a Mc Glass burger, im sure jail will teach him how to make proper hamburgers [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 03:23 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm sorry, but this is so way out there that I can't possibly think of what would be an appropriate consequence. Someone's going to have to dig into this further (like a local judge), determine what really went on, and assign something appropriate.

Perhaps having to do community service time in the local jail, preparing meals for the inmates... take a look at what's waiting for you on the other side, Bucky...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote