Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-06-2002, 12:27 PM   #31
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img] Uh.... what?? You mean the 1 1/2 liberals we have got were so eloquent you didn't even feel at home, with our resident redneck army?
LOL sorry but almost every other post is another conservative rant... MagiK and you should feel like fish in water! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I thought that should draw you, Melusine. But, I don't know hardly anyone there, and I didn't really see anything that I wanted to reply to. Perhaps I will give it another look.

[ 10-06-2002, 12:28 PM: Message edited by: Attalus ]
Old 10-06-2002, 02:16 PM   #32
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I thought that should draw you, Melusine. But, I don't know hardly anyone there, and I didn't really see anything that I wanted to reply to. Perhaps I will give it another look.
Well, even disregarding the fact that we have many IW members so that your claim you hardly know anyone there doesn't hold, please don't! I've always thought that Internet forums should be all about fun for the participants - if you weren't having fun, that's a shame but don't feel obliged to come back [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2002, 02:22 PM   #33
Donut
Jack Burton

I can't access IW at work any more, I think it's because I'm behind a firewall. From time to time I could access it. I can access it if I use our AOL account but this opens our system to hackers so I've had to remove AOL.

I won't be here very often from now on.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-06-2002, 02:44 PM   #34
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
I can't access IW at work any more, I think it's because I'm behind a firewall. From time to time I could access it. I can access it if I use our AOL account but this opens our system to hackers so I've had to remove AOL.

I won't be here very often from now on.
Strange though... The number of people reporting problems with accessing the board is rising and rising. But I can't recall any instances of those problems before a few months ago... Weird.

[ 10-06-2002, 02:45 PM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 10-06-2002, 05:17 PM   #35
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
quote:
Originally posted by Charean:
It seems Magik was having problems with other boards as well.

Weird.

In any case - keep the chin up, kiddo! We be here for ya!
speak for yourself - he already said in another thread he'd like to shoot liberals (like me) with his blooming gun so i'm happy not to see him LOL!![/QUOTE]You might check out my reply in that thread

Old 10-06-2002, 05:20 PM   #36
MagiK

I agree with Grojlach about this being strange (note I even spelled his name right) [img]smile.gif[/img] . I was sailing along happily then one tuesday afternoon I lost the ability to reach IW for no apparent reason. looking forward to trying the new tricks you all posted, on the morrow!

[ 10-06-2002, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: MagiK ]

Old 10-06-2002, 05:26 PM   #37
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Well, even disregarding the fact that we have many IW members so that your claim you hardly know anyone there doesn't hold, please don't! I've always thought that Internet forums should be all about fun for the participants - if you weren't having fun, that's a shame but don't feel obliged to come back [img]smile.gif[/img]
LOL, don't worry, I never refuse a reasonable request from a lady. But I really didn't see any other IW members on the threads I looked at.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:30 PM   #38
andrewas
Harper

Strange is one word. Suspicious is the word I use. I have never heard of a site seeing problems like these. Points may be raised about how many sites would ever find out about people unable to connect since its only really forums like this where users communicate with each other, but still.

I wonder if some of our former trolls are getting agressive. Might be interesting to see whether or not that false IP magik was getting corresponds to any of them, although I doubt any troll capable of this would leave themselves that open to attack.

Again, I hope im just being overly paranoid.
Old 10-06-2002, 05:36 PM   #39
Melusine
Dracolisk

Yep strange indeed... I still experience problems almost every night... at certain times in the evening I cannot reach the site and the problem is always solved in the morning - very strange. So many others have similar troubles as well.....
Old 10-06-2002, 06:02 PM   #40
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
LOL, don't worry, I never refuse a reasonable request from a lady. But I really didn't see any other IW members on the threads I looked at.
Some of us have different usernames over there. My username there starts with D, see if you can spot me