Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 04-16-2002, 11:35 AM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Neb, I gave you a rope and you've hung yourself with it. Erase that last post mate, it'll just makes things worse. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorry to hear Denmark sucks. I liked Copenhagen

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 04-16-2002, 11:37 AM   #22
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

[quote]Originally posted by Yorick:
Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:

However if that person is an idiot, and reinforce the notion with idiotic behaviour, then it's open season isn't it....
Exactly! just like you for instance! it amazes me how much times you can use that sarcasm and wink about the man show not being real when it in fact is, CONGRATS!
Old 04-16-2002, 11:41 AM   #23
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Thanks for the support Yorick
nice to know our past arguments were not a permanent thing.
But this is the kind of thing I can always expect from the pasty dough boy so its no offence
Old 04-16-2002, 11:47 AM   #24
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by caleb:
quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Quote:

However if that person is an idiot, and reinforce the notion with idiotic behaviour, then it's open season isn't it....
Exactly! just like you for instance! it amazes me how much times you can use that sarcasm and wink about the man show not being real when it in fact is, CONGRATS!
Caleb, at the risk of stating the obvious, I never suggested that the show wasn't real. I don't know how you read that.

I'm having a go at your defense argument.

Old 04-16-2002, 11:56 AM   #25
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Well if you are implying that the show is real but I did not use a quote and was just trying to cover my ass then watch a repeat of it sometime.....if you can handle it without getting offended. It is during the questions from the audience segment and it is adam corrolla who says it.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:00 PM   #26
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Yorick, I will speak my opinions when I want to. But I do realize that that post was a bit insulting. But to clarify, I do NOT dislike fat or overweight people. Beyond a certain limit, there is some point where it just gets on my nerves that people let themselves become that huge. Sorry, that's my opinion, if you don't like it you can just leave. Noone's stopping you.
Neb, I didn't say it offended me. I'm not overweight. I said it may have hurt people on the board. Just be mindful of that. Yes it was pretty insulting, and I'd hate to have others leave as a result.

More importantly I'd hate their own self esteem to be damaged. Some of the most wonderful, friendly, funloving people are included in your broad brushstrokes Neb. Hopefully it'll be like water off a ducks back for them though.

I try and act as though those I'm speaking to are in the room with me. Would you really speak your mind so openly if a girl who fit your description was present? What if she ran from the room in tears? How would that make you feel?

Even better what if it were you? Would you want someone saying similar things about you.

"I don't mind Northern Europeans, I'm a little Teutonic myself. What I really can't stand is those inbred Lego-loving Danes. They're so emotionally repressed... oh I'm sorry it's just my opinion"

This is just an example of course, but how would it feel?

Anyhow, no worries. Have a good afternoon/evening mate. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-16-2002, 12:02 PM   #27
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by AzureWolf:
Thanks for the support Yorick
nice to know our past arguments were not a permanent thing.
But this is the kind of thing I can always expect from the pasty dough boy so its no offence
No wukken furries

Old 04-16-2002, 12:03 PM   #28
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Well if you are implying that the show is real but I did not use a quote and was just trying to cover my ass then watch a repeat of it sometime.....if you can handle it without getting offended. It is during the questions from the audience segment and it is adam corrolla who says it.
Caleb...... I don't care.

Old 04-16-2002, 12:05 PM   #29
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

You dont care because it finally proves you wrong? you seemed pretty interested when you thought you had a case.
Old 04-16-2002, 12:12 PM   #30
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
You dont care because it finally proves you wrong? you seemed pretty interested when you thought you had a case.
Am I going crazy here?

Caleb, I don't care who said what on any television show! You made an inappropriate comment at a bad time! Who cares where you saw it or heard it! That's not the point!

Humor involves context, timing, and a common point of reference. It was obvious from your later posts that though you claimed "only joking" it was a serious opinion you held. So there was no joke!

Sheesh!