Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-24-2001, 04:45 PM   #1
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Is there some kind of downside to living in Europe? It's twenty to eleven EUtime now, and I am getting the impression that there is NO ONE ELSE HERE. I do not believe anyone except me has posted in nearly half an hour (although I may be wrong). I am SERIOUSLY considering staying up all night (hey, its a weekend) because whenever I check the forums the next day there have been dozens of new threads started and now THIS. When is the best time to check the forums? I dont want to spend all my time waiting for someone to post something I can think up a reply to. Is there another reason for this, am I just imagining it or does this have to do with the time differential?
Old 08-24-2001, 04:48 PM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi Kaz,

I am here, but it sure has been dead today! I think it will pick up again around 7-8pm forum time as that is when most of the US people will be off work and at home. Not me though...going to the great MN get together (i.e. state fair )

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 08-24-2001, 04:51 PM   #3
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

-
Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Hi Kaz,

I am here, but it sure has been dead today! I think it will pick up again around 7-8pm forum time as that is when most of the US people will be off work and at home. Not me though...going to the great MN get together (i.e. state fair )

Hehehe, I'm going tomorrow, Mor, gonna check out David Lee Roth in the Grandstand afterward, too!

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-24-2001, 04:56 PM   #4
Kaz

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Hi Kaz,

Good tip, yet 7-8pm forum time, that would be... er... plus six I think... 1 to two oclock in the morning my time? Or minus six, that would be 1 to 2 oclock in the afternoon. Either way Im not on the forum quite annoying there are some people I will probably never really meet this way because our forum times dont overlap (heck I was here for almost six hours yesterday)

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 08-24-2001).]
Old 08-24-2001, 04:57 PM   #5
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I'm here. Still working tho. Don't get off for another couple of hours (It's 10 til 2 here).

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)

Member of CLAN HADB
Old 08-24-2001, 04:59 PM   #6
Kaz

Well its five to eleven at night and Ill have to go to bed soon, Im afraid... who knows, maybe Ill secretly get up at three oclock in the morning, post all night and sleep tomorrow away? AH... weekend how I love thee...
Old 08-24-2001, 05:01 PM   #7
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
Well its five to eleven at night and Ill have to go to bed soon, Im afraid... who knows, maybe Ill secretly get up at three oclock in the morning, post all night and sleep tomorrow away? AH... weekend how I love thee...
LOL!!! I can assure you, you wouldn't be the first!

------------------
Guitars, women, beer...what more can a man ask for?
I AM the bard eternal
Old 08-24-2001, 06:34 PM   #8
Kaz

I have decided to stay up overnight, or at least until my mother finds out
Posting has reached an all-time low... not counting by bumps and useless replies I believe there have been 3 new posts here in the last 3/4 of an hour. Aww guys, I guess I miscalculated, 7pm must be 1 to 2 in the afternoon. Oh well, Ill still stay up

EDIT: it is currently half past twelve

Old 08-24-2001, 06:37 PM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Hell, i gave up sleeping for this place.... till school intervined natuarlly

------------------
Old 08-24-2001, 06:44 PM   #10
Kaz

Good *YAWN* *looks at watch* technically morning (12:40) Jerome
I generally do not have much trouble posting but i'm almost falling asleep here. PEOPLE POST SOMETHING!!!
(The smilie shows how I feel except that I dont like coffee)
EEDIT: Maybe we should look for a better "Im falling asleeeep..." smilie the good morning one doesnt quite fit.