Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2001, 10:17 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

This post most certainly can apply to other clans as well, and maybe time zones and other issues may result in multi-clan party composition.

I was wondering if we could have a list made up of all potential players to be ready when this stuff starts. There is that one that Ziroc mentioned starting before NWN, but I can't think of the name. Anyway, I wanted to see how you wanted to form parties.
For example, I would really prove beneficial in game as a rogue/thief, as that is what I am better at (in terms of understanding the char.). So the thing to do is..."who needs a thief in their party that has never played multi before, but is looking for an opportunity"?
See where I am going with this?
In would like to see who will be joining in parties, how many members per party, who will play what, who is the designated leader, etc. This post may possibly be moved to the correct forum, later. I just did not think you guys/gals would ever think to look in there tonight to see my post. That why it is here.
So...who is forming parties???

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Faith beset in The Rocks
(they show the way, you know...)

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 08-22-2001).]
Old 08-22-2001, 11:52 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

looks like you guys are getting your act together now that the HADB is preparing for battle... well good for you, i say. we need a little challenge (i emphasize the word little) around here . but its all for fun, of course.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.
Old 08-23-2001, 02:56 AM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
but its all for fun, of course.

Yeah right...fun
Go HADB

------------------
"The time to start running is around about the "e" in "Hey you!"
Sigmar, member of clan HADB
Old 08-23-2001, 03:28 AM   #4
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The laughing hyenas will of course have a huge party to celebrate NWN, we will have a party as soon as possible, and be party to partying all night long. Such is the way of a Jester Clan.

We will of course, with the Raindancer, Rikard, Memnoch, Donut, Killer joke holder Charean, Black Knight, et al, be a force to reckon with in the multi gaming world (am I doing o.k. in the big-talking area guys?) so be warned....... you may die laughing.....

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 08-23-2001, 03:37 AM   #5
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

*cough* *cough*
Old 08-23-2001, 07:06 AM   #6
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
looks like you guys are getting your act together now that the HADB is preparing for battle... well good for you, i say. we need a little challenge (i emphasize the word little) around here . but its all for fun, of course.

Now we have our team motto "A can of spam a day keeps the other clans away"

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."
Old 08-23-2001, 08:03 AM   #7
Rikard

Yeah larry about that
We (Javi and Me) had this idea (actually it was his idea but i like it) to have diffrent squads of say 4/5 people starting on NWN (squads depend on timezone) and maybe now with BG2 aswell.

Who will be the leader can be desided per party

Also (though i haven't discussed this with javi yet) i wanted to have a whole clan "meeting" once every so many days (or weeks) so we can get used to the way we play.

About the name
er... Larry?

------------------

Old 08-23-2001, 09:52 AM   #8
Redblueflare
Galvatron

Yes IW will have a huge clan battle when NWN comes out. (Notice I said battle not war.) Looks like we can expect a lot of new clans too. I plan on creating one myself. Knowing me i'll be to lazy and never get around to it. So if anyone needs a mage or fighter character, i'll gladly join their clan! Either way it's gonna be fun! I can't wait!

------------------
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I just don't have to listen.

[This message has been edited by Redblueflare (edited 08-23-2001).]
Old 08-23-2001, 10:09 AM   #9
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
This post most certainly can apply to other clans as well, and maybe time zones and other issues may result in multi-clan party composition.

I was wondering if we could have a list made up of all potential players to be ready when this stuff starts. There is that one that Ziroc mentioned starting before NWN, but I can't think of the name. Anyway, I wanted to see how you wanted to form parties.
For example, I would really prove beneficial in game as a rogue/thief, as that is what I am better at (in terms of understanding the char.). So the thing to do is..."who needs a thief in their party that has never played multi before, but is looking for an opportunity"?
See where I am going with this?
In would like to see who will be joining in parties, how many members per party, who will play what, who is the designated leader, etc. This post may possibly be moved to the correct forum, later. I just did not think you guys/gals would ever think to look in there tonight to see my post. That why it is here.
So...who is forming parties???

I am! And That Module I am going to be making in NWN is Undermountain. (It's the largest most deadly underground dungeon complex (Under Waterdeep) and spans over 100 levels!

It's not a 'clan' though, so yeah, I'll join one if you guys want! I have a few names that you may like for a clan.. (A Guild is a better term for NWN)

Ring of Fire (The ROF)
Harper Hating Half-Orc's (For an all Half-Orc party) (just kidding)-- The Triple H!

Order of Hero's
Pandemonium
Mayhem Guild
FILO -- (First in, Last out)

ugh.. Can't think right now--just got up. I'm sure once we 'PLAY' NWN, we'll have some kind of adventure that will give us a situation that will 'name' our guild.. like "The Beholder Busters" or something heheh..

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 08-23-2001, 10:55 AM   #10
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
The laughing hyenas will of course have a huge party to celebrate NWN, we will have a party as soon as possible, and be party to partying all night long. Such is the way of a Jester Clan.

We will of course, with the Raindancer, Rikard, Memnoch, Donut, Killer joke holder Charean, Black Knight, et al, be a force to reckon with in the multi gaming world (am I doing o.k. in the big-talking area guys?) so be warned....... you may die laughing.....

Very good, very good...I think you scared the socks off 'em! Just one point of note...as I am flattered that I was included in the et al contingency, I would like to make it known that I am a full blown member of the Lecherous Hillbillies....oh no wait the Laughing Hyenas and will be ready when the call comes out for MP games...why not I am usually just sitting at home trying to think of devilish things to post on this forum anyway

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time