Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-04-2001, 10:33 AM   #1
WhirlingDervish
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
_
-
-
-
-
-
-

I went to the "Windspear Hills" Sp? on a quest that I got at the copper coronet after I payed the cashola to get in touch with the shadow theives. At the end of the dungeon in the Winspear Ruins, I am not sure if I should try to take down the dragon running the show (Lork "Firkkegg"sp?). As the helm, sword, and shield of dragon were sprinkled around the labryinth, I am guessing you are supposed to kill him. His dialog however confused me, as you are rarely offered the option to not fight a "boss", as is the case here. Is it best to go after him now, or is it beneficial for some reason to put off the confrontation?

Old 10-04-2001, 10:43 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Do you have a Paladin in your group?

KILL HIM!!!!

You have no Paladin in your group?

KILL HIM!!!!

Firkragg made your life miserable, lies to you, taunts you, belittles you, he bullies a nice guy and kidnaps innocent children.

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-04-2001, 12:11 PM   #3
WhirlingDervish
Dungeon Master

My main Char is an undead hunter, who is shining up his blades as we speak. Can anyone suggest a successful stratgy fo defeating this large red reptile?

ruid1:
Old 10-04-2001, 12:19 PM   #4
Rikard

Try to avoid battle with both the mage as the Dragon
first fighte the mage
After that Go back to the dragon or not..
It is benificial
Great armor and Sword
if you want strategies use the search option
there are tens of thread all about how to defeat Firkraag

------------------
Behold he who stands before you

Almighty (shared) Leader of the OHF
Proud member of the Ancients Club
The one True Necromancer/Blade of the Laughing Hyena's
Last of the Ancient race known as the Red Fluffies
Summoner of Bunnies

Official Register of the Top Posters;
"You can Run, You can Hide,
But you can never do both"

I'm Watching you...

Old 10-04-2001, 12:40 PM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Well... ...

If you want to role-play, you can let him live for the moment.

Paladin Stronghold Minor Spoiler
~
~
~
~
Join up with the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, they will let you become a member if you had taken the good path and rescued the child.

The last guild quest is to tell you to recover a holy weapon from the evil dragon Firkragg.

Or you can just whack him now, you will still get the same amount of Xp anyway, and still get the weapon to boot.
--------

Dragon tips for SoA. Some cheesy, some not.

1) Traps: Out of Firkragg's sight you lay a buttload of traps, go to Firkragg, get his attention and lead him to the traps. Quite cheesy, but possible in real life.

2) Cloudkill: Out of Firkragg's sight, you cast multiple Cloudkills( spells and wands). The area of effect will hit Firkragg, wait a few rounds, he will succumb.

3) Magic Missile Galore: Cast 2-3 Lower Resistance on Firkragg( if you have a mage with Spell Trigger, store 3 Lower Resist in it), then barrage him with Minor Spell Sequencers and Spell Sequencers, all filled with Magic Missile. Very effective if you have two Mages/Sorcerers or more.

4) Feeblemind: Cast 2-3 Lower Resistance, cast Greater Malison and Doom( cleric spell). Then cast Feeblemind, if successful, Firkragg will become a dummy and do nothing except stand around for you to beat on.

5) Polymorph: Same as Feeblemind, except Firkragg becomes a fuzzy squirrel that can paw buffet.

6) Instant Kill: Cast 2-3 Lower Resistance, cast Greater Malison and Doom( cleric spell). Then cast spells like Finger of Death, Chromatic Orb( mage must be level 12 and above), etc... ... Be warned however, spells like Disintergrate and Flesh to Stone, destroys any loot the Dragon might be holding.

7) No Tactics: Just go in swinging, brave one.

8) Melee with Summons: Summon weak creatures, the Dragon will Death Spell them, as you fight and summons die, summon more. After the Death Spell, only summon your best summons, let the Dragon concentrate on the summons while your party takes free hits on it.

9) Chain Contingency Bomb: Store 3 Lower Resistance in a Spell Trigger and 3 Abi-Dalzim's Horrid Wilting in a Chain Contingency. Set the Chain Contingency to trigger when enemy is sighted and cast at nearest enemy. When the battle starts, immediately cast the Spell Trigger. Polish off the Dragon with Magic Missiles, if it somehow survived.

10) Others... ...

------------------
If not a Sorcerer casting total oblivion, then a Paladin meting out justice. Otherwise, I think I will just be a bard and torture my enemies with, "My Heart Will Go On".

Platinium Sorcerer of ALSB, Aerie Loving Sacred Band! She's MeowRrrr, and more!

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart
Old 10-04-2001, 01:51 PM   #6
Byronas

If you want a to kill Red dragon really easy follow my steps:
1)Summon some monsters to help you (fire elementals...)
2)Take one of your characters (I suggest the weakest on) go and talk to the Red dragon.
3)Then take your character out of dragon's side and attack him with your others characters.
4)He will not attack them but he will stay there waiting for you to talk to him!!!!!!!!
5)When he becomes "Near Death" he will attack you.

------------------

Where there are monsters and barbarians there will be Byronas fighting against them.

[This message has been edited by Byronas (edited 10-04-2001).]

Old 10-04-2001, 03:25 PM   #7
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

Or just hack and slash till he fall down ... might take u some reloads but eventually he will go down

------------------
Bronze Cavalier of ALSB, symbol and protector of goodness

May light illuminate u all
Old 10-04-2001, 03:42 PM   #8
WhirlingDervish
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the suggestions!