Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-01-2001, 08:11 AM   #111
Vampire

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma_Malevois:
As Avatar and his Avariel archers surround the burning building with arrows nocked, waiting to take out any survivors that should emerge, a voice from behind him says, "OK Drongo, send in the clones!"

Suddenly the sky is darkened by a horde of cute miniature Aeries, each one with wings and each carrying a miniature version of the KFA's contact poison cream pie in each hand. As Avatar's forces look on in horror (for indeed, how could they bear to battle such darling facsimiles of their goddess?) the voice calls out, "OK girls, faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws". This apparently triggers some kind of contingency spell in each of the clones, as they suddenly zip towards the forces of the temple like hummingbirds on speed and launch their pies!

(BTW Avatar, note that I'm giving you a chance to fight/trick/think your way out of this, a much more satisfying exercise in role-playing than simply and arbitrarily declaring one's place of business destroyed without a fight. Oh, what the hell, it's only a game.)

[This message has been edited by Desuma_Malevois (edited 10-01-2001).]
hahaha

Notice I've coated my Avariels with fire-proof spells!!
All flying creatures are extremely vulnerable to fire!

Avatar and his mages casts defensive fireballs, dragon breath, comet strike and sunfires all over the place!
FELL the WRATH of Aerie!

------------------
Old 10-01-2001, 08:20 AM   #112
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Avatar:
hahaha

Notice I've coated my Avariels with fire-proof spells!!
All flying creatures are extremely vulnerable to fire!

Avatar and his mages casts defensive fireballs, dragon breath, comet strike and sunfires all over the place!
FELL the WRATH of Aerie!

Ohhh, very good Avatar, but unfortunately this restaurant is located in an urban location. With all your spells you've just decimated two city blocks of Athkatla. I wonder how much of a hit to your temple's reputation this debacle will cause? BTW, the cowled wizards just revoked all spellcasting liscenses possessed by you and your forces.

------------------
Proprieter of IW's finest dining establishment, KFA (a.k.a. Kentucky Fried Avariel). It's finger lickin' good!!

Old 10-01-2001, 08:25 AM   #113
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Desuma_Malevois:
As Avatar and his Avariel archers surround the burning building with arrows nocked, waiting to take out any survivors that should emerge, a voice from behind him says, "OK Drongo, send in the clones!"

Suddenly the sky is darkened by a horde of cute miniature Aeries, each one with wings and each carrying a miniature version of the KFA's contact poison cream pie in each hand. As Avatar's forces look on in horror (for indeed, how could they bear to battle such darling facsimiles of their goddess?) the voice calls out, "OK girls, faster than Chiktikka Fastpaws". This apparently triggers some kind of contingency spell in each of the clones, as they suddenly zip towards the forces of the temple like hummingbirds on speed and launch their pies!

(BTW Avatar, note that I'm giving you a chance to fight/trick/think your way out of this, a much more satisfying exercise in role-playing than simply and arbitrarily declaring one's place of business destroyed without a fight. Oh, what the hell, it's only a game.)

I like that!
OK...
Larry, seeing the inevitable destruction looming overhead, reaches for one of the scrolls that Ertai had given him in such an emergency as this. Reading the words on the scroll, the sky begins to sparkle, and a shield is formed around Larry and all those that are with him. The pies strike the shiled, and fizzle harmlessly away. Yet such an attack weakens the shield, and it disappears, leaving the group of ALSB vulnerable to any attack the clones may have coming next.

"Ok...drawing his twin scimitars, we engage in battle! At least that witch killing spree is out of the way. Men, women...to arms!!!"

------------------

Member of the OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-01-2001).]
Old 10-01-2001, 08:48 AM   #114
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Feel the Wrath oF Aerie!!!

------------------
"Not for your eyes only, also for your beautiful ears.."

Yngwie J. Amadeus Zoltan "Diamond Fighter of Aerie Lovers Sacred Band"
Old 10-01-2001, 09:20 AM   #115
Desuma_Malevois

OK, we've reached a very dangerous point in this thread. On one hand, Avatar and company has just laid the Faerun equivalent of a nuke on the KFA's army of "Aerie fairies" and taken out two city blocks. Jeez, even Irenicus only destroyed a tower in the Promenade. Can we say overkill, boys and girls? On the other hand, Larry elects to shield the temple's forces against the initial onslaught and fight it out. We have a time split here which, if left unchecked, could create a vortex which could threaten the very existence of the IW forums! Therefore, let us assume that Larry's alternative actually happens - after all do y'all really WANT to pay all that cash to bring your reps back up?

So once again, the IW forums have been saved from destruction. I'm sure Ziroc will be suitably impressed

Old 10-01-2001, 09:22 AM   #116
Desuma_Malevois

Quote:
Originally posted by Zoltan:
Feel the Wrath oF Aerie!!!

In your dreams, altar boy

Old 10-01-2001, 09:31 AM   #117
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~Emerges from the shadows~ "Ah, so I'm I witch now AM I?! You thought I wasn't keeping an eye on you?!" ~A hand with an enticing silver gauntlet raises up and a red-tailed hawk swoops down onto her arm. She gives the bird a scrap of dried Aerie meat in reward and lets it fly off.~ "My eyes are too many to number, you cannot hide from me!" ~Pulls out her sword and stabs the assasin hiding behind her in the head. Pointing the now bloodied sword in the Aerie-worshipes' directions she mocks.~ "Let us settle this once in for all!" ~She returns the sword to its scabbard and pulls out a scroll, handing it to Larry.~ "THIS is what I propose. It will lead to mutual enjoyment I believe. Instead of selling Aerie meat, we will sell Aerie shaped chocolates. In this you may buy Aerie shaped chocolates and marvel as your false goddess becomes even sweeter. We over here will enjoy biting the heads off of the chocolates. I believe it a fair truce. What say you?" ~Hands copies to her comrades Desuma and Tuor~

------------------
"Rome did not create a great empire by having meetings; they did it by killing all those who opposed them."

KFA's official vice president of marketing.

On a righteous quest to destroy all electric resistant teddy bears in Fearun.
Old 10-01-2001, 09:33 AM   #118
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

~grimly eys Larry and the cultists from the corner of her eye~ "Of course, the temple of Aerie can always continue on the war path and destroy what's left of the Promenade..." ~chuckles~ "Wouldn't that be something, a temple of the GOOD pantheon resorting to violence when truce is offered! I guess YOU would be the evil bastards then!"
Old 10-01-2001, 09:43 AM   #119
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Did someone say chocolate ???!!!!!

------------------
Lurking in the shadow's of your dreams,the Ruby Rouge of the ALSB [img] Official Slayer of Pest's in Cloudy's Kitchen
Old 10-01-2001, 09:53 AM   #120
Desuma_Malevois

Desuma and Drongo emerge from the nearby shadows with the Dessert Cart of Doom between them. The Aerie clones flock to them and form a protective shield around them with their bodies.

"I said yesterday that I was willing to have a truce between us," Desuma says, "yet see how the 'honorable' temple of Aerie breaks it; nevertheless, I will be happy to agree to this if they pay for the damages they've caused. I am, after all, just a simple merchant and this war is bad for my business."

(BTW, I work the graveyard shift and it's time for me to crash and burn, so if I don't post for a few hours, it's not because I've lost interest or anything.)

------------------
Proprieter of IW's finest dining establishment, KFA (a.k.a. Kentucky Fried Avariel). It's finger lickin' good!!